Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Are You Kidding?
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Been browsing the forums a lot lately and for a few weeks. I was wondering what you guys would recommned for me. I would like a freeride/downhill bike. I have my riden best buddies Giant Faith and like it alot. The only problem is that i feel like i am super high and super over the front wheel. Now is this just a weird feeling from riding a walmart bike for 6+ months or is it the wrong size? he has the 18'' frame and i thought that was pretty small. I am about 5'6 ish and i weight 160ish. Now i have looked around but my price range will not be over 2k. and i really do not like the look of kona. if it is just a feeling i will get over about he faith than great otherwise do you guys have any great bikes in mind for me?
thanks for all the help guys!
Willis

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
No.

DH bikes will often have short toptubes, which translates into a short cockpit, but they will have long wheelbases so when you're standing they'll ride well. You probably felt like it was small because you were sitting down.

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
if you want a FR bike... as i would suggest unless you plan on racing, then look at the specialized big hits, iron horse 7points, etc

FR bikes will be easier to pedal than DH.

EDIT: Also i am 5'6 and i ride a small

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.