Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
So I just ordered a 2020 Trek Fuel EX 8 the other day and everyday that goes by it comes to be another month that it is still not available. What the f*** is the deal with this? I know a bunch of people that just bought bikes from a few different companies and there bikes are all ordered and available within 2 weeks at the latest, custom made and delivered to there dealer. Trek is the only company that cant fill an order. It is ridiculous that you release the new years products and you cant even fill the orders from day 1. Bike wont be available for me to pick up until end of November, are you f****** kidding me? I live in CT, but by the time I get it I wont even be able to use it. Thanks Trek. Not a good way to bring in me as a new customer. Not happy :( Hope there is a Trek rep here that can comment on this. Matt

·
Registered
424 Posts
Frustrating I know. If you don't want to wait are there any other options you'd consider?The market is awash with great alternatives...

If they can't fulfil the order as agreed, take your dollars elsewhere.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what I want but this waiting thing and being unprepared to fill orders is absolutely ridiculous.

·
Off the back...
2,275 Posts
When you bought it did the LBS give you a delivery lead time?
This. Any Trek dealer can check the availability of bikes, frames, parts, etc. online in a couple of minutes. If the LBS isn't providing that information, it's on them, not on Trek. That said, it's also ridiculous that the bikes are announced with almost nothing in the supply chain. You can get a Fuel EX 9.7 now, but most of the other models aren't readily available. BS.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Hi guys,
So I just ordered a 2020 Trek Fuel EX 8 the other day and everyday that goes by it comes to be another month that it is still not available. What the f*** is the deal with this? I know a bunch of people that just bought bikes from a few different companies and there bikes are all ordered and available within 2 weeks at the latest, custom made and delivered to there dealer. Trek is the only company that cant fill an order. It is ridiculous that you release the new years products and you cant even fill the orders from day 1. Bike wont be available for me to pick up until end of November, are you f****** kidding me? I live in CT, but by the time I get it I wont even be able to use it. Thanks Trek. Not a good way to bring in me as a new customer. Not happy :( Hope there is a Trek rep here that can comment on this. Matt
Just wow.

Life is too short man

·
Community Manager at Trek
450 Posts
Hi guys,
Hey Matt,

Sorry to hear you're upset about the delivery time. Unfortunately with new bikes, they are not always readily available to ship so we give all Trek dealers the ability to see when they will have those bikes in. Your dealer should have told you the date of arrival, but keep in mind it is an ETA. As orders come in, the available stock for that shipment of bikes gets lower, so as more of the same bike is ordered, the further the date can be if that first batch shipment is fulfilled. Totally understand the frustration, but this is why I always suggest to order it early but to keep an eye on the ETA.

If you have an order number (ask your shop if you don't) or you can PM me the size, color, model and shop name. I can verify the ETA for your specific bike as it may be different from what everyone else is seeing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Mitch,
Can you blame me for being upset? Trek is the only company who cant fill there orders. Everyone else is getting there bikes in a matter of 2 weeks tops. You come out with new bikes and cant even sell them because there not even available haha. I called my dealer today and they told me it wont even let them order it because it is backordered, they also said now I am looking at December 2 which is winter time here in CT. So I went from we'll have it for you in 2 weeks, to mid October, to mid November, to December 2. At this point now by the time I get it I wont even be able to ride it because it'll be to cold with a ton of snow on the ground. Trek Fuel EX 8 29" tire large frame black on black color. Shop is Competitive Edge in East Longmeadow, MA.

·
Community Manager at Trek
450 Posts
Hi Mitch,
Can you blame me for being upset? Trek is the only company who cant fill there orders. Everyone else is getting there bikes in a matter of 2 weeks tops. You come out with new bikes and cant even sell them because there not even available haha. I called my dealer today and they told me it wont even let them order it because it is backordered, they also said now I am looking at December 2 which is winter time here in CT. So I went from we'll have it for you in 2 weeks, to mid October, to mid November, to December 2. At this point now by the time I get it I wont even be able to ride it because it'll be to cold with a ton of snow on the ground. Trek Fuel EX 8 29" tire large frame black on black color. Shop is Competitive Edge in East Longmeadow, MA.
The ETA you were given as of recent appears to be correct. This is subject to change and hopefully is changed to arrive sooner! That shipment shows 100+ of the same bike arriving to that specific warehouse.

We're working to have our initial ETAs shortened though, this is something we have strongly addressed to improve and something other manufacturers so experience as well at times.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guess I am waiting until next Spring then. Unless Trek is willing to cut deals on the 9.7 to make customers happy haha.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Something that would solve this.....
Waterloo, instead of Taichung.

(Ok, maybe not Taichung exactly, but probably nearby)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got ahold of Trek on there website, there saying mid October I should have it, Mitch is saying December, and my dealer is saying December and that they cant even order it. I dont know whats going on anymore. They have a ton of Fuel EX 9.7, I offered to buy one of those if theyd be willing to work on a better price and they said no haha. Guess I am waiting for the 2021 models to come out at this point.

·
Registered
50 Posts
To be fair though, I've heard of a lot longer waiting times for some other bikes. One fellow was waiting for 10 months for a new Ibis. At least when comparing to this, 2 months doesn't seem excessive and good to hear that Trek seems to be working on shortening it even more.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know numerous people who just bought new bikes from several different companies. Some of them custom made, some stock and all of them had them within a matter of 2 weeks. I am looking at 4 months right now for mine, I will get it middle of winter, GREATTTTTTTTT, not. Trek is only making it longer. Every week it gets a month longer. I even offered a way for them to work with upset customers like me and they weren't even willing to do that.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Lol...there is no way I'd wait months for a bike. There are so many other brands that are available...now.

·
Thinking about riding.
2,169 Posts
Trek is the only company who cant fill there orders.
Just not true. Sounds like the communication could have been a bit better, but the reality is this is fairly common among many (all?) - particularly this time of year with new models. The fact that your buddies got bikes in two weeks doesn't make that any less true.

I don't see the point of a temper tantrum. You know that you won't have the bike until October at the earliest, December at the latest... If that's not OK for you then move on and find something available sooner. It's really that simple.

You talk as though this is some life-saving medication you're waiting for... It's a bike, which is a luxury item. I get that you are a paying (good money too) customer but at the end of the day it's really just not worth getting so riled up about - buy it or don't.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts