Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Crankbrothers M19 for one bike, Topeak mini 18+ on the other. No preference between the two, just got deals at different times. As long as it has a full range of allen keys, phillips head, T25, chain breaker, and is reasonably small, it'll be great.

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
Topeak stuff tends to be good. I have two of their multitools and they seem solid to me. Other Topeak stuff also seems good, except their quick-chuck valve head which I hate with a passion ;0)

Not a fan of Lezyne at all. The products I've bought have had design or build issues, every one. They look slick but not very great.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I saw the MSW flat pack 10 multi tool at my LBS and thought it was small and clever. So I bought it.

Two weeks later, I was on vacation in Moab on a rental bike. I opened the tool kit and found the MSW flat pack 10 inside! So apparently Chile Pepper Bikes in Moab thinks it's pretty cool too!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
I've had Crank Bros and Birzman that I liked, but now I use the OneUp EDC. It works well and is very convenient.

·
Co Springs
2,414 Posts
I have this boxy thing called the Alien from years ago that went missing for a bit and just found it again. It seemed to have all the basics but after a few times of just needing the allen, a buddy has the crank tool that I've borrowed on the trail. It's far faster and easier to access so I'll likely go that route. Mine isn't as quick and easy to flip out, it's bulky and definitely heavier.

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,471 Posts
Home brew....

Through the years I've acquired many multi-tools - from races, finds on the trail and parking lots, and bought. Very few, if any ever seemed to be a great match for me. But what I've done is canabalize parts from some tools and and replaced un-needed bits on other tools to come up with what works for me.

Biggest issue I've had with some otherwise perfect tools is a missing T25 head. So, I just take out that bit from a tool I'd otherwise not use and insert it in another tool. That T25 almost always replaces a Phillips head driver, of which I've almost no use for on the trail.

My favorite tool, that I've had for many years is one I've found in the dirt, with the T25 mod above.

Chain breaker and co2 nozzle are kept separate as they are rarely used.

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
fix it stix

They're light, customizable with whatever bits you want to carry and their water bottle clips make them super accessible. They feel like real tools, and act like real tools. I've been really impressed with them. I have their chainbreaker, which isn't the lightest, but is burly enough to work. Some are not.

·
Keep on Rockin...
6,471 Posts
fix it stix

They're light, customizable with whatever bits you want to carry and their water bottle clips make them super accessible. They feel like real tools, and act like real tools. I've been really impressed with them. I have their chainbreaker, which isn't the lightest, but is burly enough to work. Some are not.
Those do look pretty slick.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.