Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about driving down from Breck to ride tomarrow. Golden/Morrison would be convenient. Are White Ranch, Matthew Winter, and Hayden Green dry? I assume Elk Meadow in Evergreen is wet but that was my favorite spot during fall. Any other suggestions? I really hate riding muddy trails and the weather forcast says above freezing all week.

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn, I was hoping you guys didn't get the snow that we got last night. Loveland is too far to be worth it so I guess I'll be skiing this week. I'll check back for an update tomarrow cuz I'm hoping Green Mountain will dry out quickly.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Missed us!

IndecentExposure said:
Besides a trials course from the electrical boxes to the Subaru, where's the trail:thumbsup:

Are the trails up there dry (no packed in snow or mud), or did this latest round of snow miss it?
It missed us completely!! Yup awesome trials riding in my front yard. Give me a few minutes to let me get the Huey warmed up and I will take a spin around the trails for a eye up high and low on trail conditions. :D

In re: Ginny - should be dry except for the back side (west) when you get to the top and into/ including Mahoney.

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the updates. I'm gonna wait till stuff near I70 is dry cuz if I drive down my girl wants to go shopping and see friends in the Denver area. The forcast makes it look like things could dry out by Wednesday, my last day off this week.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Lelandjt said:
Damn, I was hoping you guys didn't get the snow that we got last night. Loveland is too far to be worth it so I guess I'll be skiing this week. I'll check back for an update tomarrow cuz I'm hoping Green Mountain will dry out quickly.
You're right. Loveland is too far. Bunch of flat riding. Tell All your friends......

Keeps the crowds to a minimum.:thumbsup:

·
bike rider
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All my friends think I'm nuts to even be thinking about bikes this time of year. Everyone's trying to rack up as many days on skis as they can while I'm cheering on global warming.

·
slow
7,845 Posts
Phil Winn said:
do you know if ginny is ridable?

thanks
P"
Ginny was almost completely dry on Saturday AM. Hit a little snow in the trees dropping into Mahoney Park, but only for a short distance, and completely ridable

Lelandjt said:
All my friends think I'm nuts to even be thinking about bikes this time of year. Everyone's trying to rack up as many days on skis as they can while I'm cheering on global warming.
I had the same issues during 7 years in Summit County. Hence a move back to Fort Collins 12 years ago, where I will be riding dry dirt again later today. I much prefer 200+ cycling days to 200+ skiing days now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.