Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the next couple of months Shiggy? What can we expect to see before the end of the year? TIA.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shiggy or Brant,

Since the carbon and titanium 456's already have the swapouts, any chance of the Steel 456 getting them in the near furture? I am looking for a slack hardtail singlespeed frame for a ~140-150mm fork. I don't want carbon and titanium is too pricey. I'm looking at the Transition TransAM, but I'm waiting to see if On-One does make the change to swapouts for the steel 456.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Shiggy or Brant,

Since the carbon and titanium 456's already have the swapouts, any chance of the Steel 456 getting them in the near furture? I am looking for a slack hardtail singlespeed frame for a ~140-150mm fork. I don't want carbon and titanium is too pricey. I'm looking at the Transition TransAM, but I'm waiting to see if On-One does make the change to swapouts for the steel 456.
Steel 456 isn't getting swap outs. And swap outs generally are only going to be on our higher priced frames (ti, carbon). They add too much cost and weight to the steel frames.

Our 3.5lb Carbon 456 is cheaper than a Transition TransAm and comes with swap outs.

Fill your boots.

Nothing new before the end of the year other than our "slackset" which decreases the angle of frames using our Smoothie Mixer headset by 2degs. Next year? Full suspension, and a new co-brand product range, clothing, the arrival of the Lurcher, new carbon forks, and a "tour mtb" model.

ps: in my enthusiasm to get back to my dinner, i notice you said you didn't want carbon. 456 carbon's are super tough. They make bullet proof vests out of carbon. Steel ones wouldn't work. Go figure ;-)

pps: when I say "dinner" I meant lunch.

·
since 4/10/2009
31,485 Posts
pps: when I say "dinner" I meant lunch.

You folks from the UK and your goofy vocabulary. :)

Gotta say, the Pompetamine frame I bought (in GITD) has been getting a LOT of raves locally and I don't even have it built yet.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Hi Brant,

Thanks for the info. What about the shorter cs, longer travel 29er you mentioned before?

Thanks,
Marcin
It's going to happen, but I need to test a front end tubing configuration (nothing crazy, just a new tubing size and wall and stuff) before I charge on with that.

Six months at least for that one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's going to happen, but I need to test a front end tubing configuration (nothing crazy, just a new tubing size and wall and stuff) before I charge on with that.

Six months at least for that one.
Thanks, :thumbsup: Hopefully it will come in steel and ready for tapered forks.

Marcin

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
in the next couple of months Shiggy? What can we expect to see before the end of the year? TIA.
This is what we have in stock in Portland, ready to ship:
Frames
  • Inbred 26 Swapout
  • Steel 456
  • 456 Summer Season
  • Carbon 456 (no decals)
  • Pompino
  • Macinato
  • Planet X Uncle John
  • Planet X Kaffenback
Complete bikes
  • Carbon 456
  • Whippet (carbon)
Parts
  • all bars
  • all forks
  • CroMo singlespeed and track cogs, plus stainless steel chainrings
  • saddles, seatposts and binders
  • stems
  • track/fixie wheels
  • lots of other items
US site

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Next year? Full suspension, and a new co-brand product range, clothing, the arrival of the Lurcher, new carbon forks, and a "tour mtb" model.
Brant - We need some more "teasers" about this full suspension. Please for the love of god be a 29er that can take up to a 120mm front (but still ride fine with a 100mm) and have a top-tube mounted shock (just hate the look of the down-tube or bb mounted ones)!!!!!

I will be looking for a good climbing (I said good, not sure nice but still efficient) 29er FS in the near future and love my Inbred so much I want to give you guys my money again. I was looking at a Titus Racer 29 but no one around here has any for me to try.

p.s. when I say "we" i mainly mean me..
p.s.s. when I say good I mean this thing should climb like a billy goat

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
How about more glow in the dark frames for winter?

When I bought my summer season, you guys were all out. :(
Glow in the dark is expensive and I don't think it's a deal breaker to kill it. I'm trying to put us firmly back on a strong value footing and expensive paint isn't the way to do that.

NEW PRODUCT NEWS :: I have just found we can have an "up to" 1.5deg angle set for tapered steerer forks, with our tapered head tubes!

·
since 4/10/2009
31,485 Posts
hm, I guess that'll make my GITD Pompetamine even more unique. I think the GITD paint is pretty killer. My LBS loves it. I'm not entirely finished with the bike yet (hopefully the last parts will come in today), but that paint seems to be almost perfect for winter commuting. Only thing that'd make it better IMO would be if it glowed early in the morning after being in the garage all night.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hm, I guess that'll make my GITD Pompetamine even more unique. I think the GITD paint is pretty killer. My LBS loves it. I'm not entirely finished with the bike yet (hopefully the last parts will come in today), but that paint seems to be almost perfect for winter commuting. Only thing that'd make it better IMO would be if it glowed early in the morning after being in the garage all night.
Trijcon Frame FTW!

I bet it would be some serious jack though...

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Reflective makes sense. Glow in the dark, less so. it's good. it will return. I'm just being thrifty.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Next year? Full suspension, and a new co-brand product range, clothing, the arrival of the Lurcher, new carbon forks, and a "tour mtb" model.
Could you venture a guess as to when that Lurcher will be available? Smaller size, preferably. It looks great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts