Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What is coming in the next 12 months?

8572 Views 58 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Silent Drone
If your are planning to buy/put a deposit down
what are 2-3 options you are looking at?
If you have knowledge about models that will come
please share what you can mention.
Tire Wheel Bicycle Crankset Bicycle handlebar
See less See more
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
New Alloy Orbea Rise w/540WH - Fox Shimano builds priced $5,300/$6,300/$7,300 USD. Probably sold out by the time you read this ha ha.

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
See less See more
Reactions: 2
That Orbea does look like the ticket, especially since you can mix and match components. I reallllllly reaaallllly realllly hope this sparks some competition in the "lightweight/low-assistance" e-bike market with the Levo SL and we see the segment take off.
Reactions: 4
That Orbea does look like the ticket, especially since you can mix and match components. I reallllllly reaaallllly realllly hope this sparks some competition in the "lightweight/low-assistance" e-bike market with the Levo SL and we see the segment take off.
Giant - please pick up the clue phone
Automotive design Automotive lighting Font Automotive exterior Auto part
See less See more
Reactions: 1
If I want light weight I’ll ride a normal bike, give me a bike with 1000wh battery fully internal and a gearbox integrated into the motor.
Reactions: 5
If I want light weight I’ll ride a normal bike, give me a bike with 1000wh battery fully internal and a gearbox integrated into the motor.
As a counterpoint, I really loved the ride and feel of the Pivot Shuttle, a 140mm trail bike that was only 45 lbs. It is weird, but dropping 5 lbs really seems to make a difference, at least for me.
^^^ This ^^^ this ^^^ this ^^^ this ^^^ this ^^^ this ^^^ this ^^^ this ^^^ this ^^^ this.
=sParty
New Alloy Orbea Rise w/540WH - Fox Shimano builds priced $5,300/$6,300/$7,300 USD. Probably sold out by the time you read this ha ha.

View attachment 1959618
Yes, more like this, I’m not ready for an ebike yet, but this will be right up my alley. This one actually had me on jenson seeing if it is in stock.
I just purchased a Giant Reign e+ 1 and are just waiting on the upgrades to get here and installed.
I struggle with this one, can a 1000W bike really coexist on trails with hikers, horses, and bikers? I’ve already had a collision with an out of control ebiker, adding 3-4x power is sure to result in more issues.

if not on the same trails then this is what I want, shocking that it’s cheaper then a lot of emtbs.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Motorcycle
See less See more
Reactions: 4
Have an H15 on backorder at Jenson with a mid-February 2022 ship date. H15 has Fox 36 fork and 4 piston brakes.
Have an H15 on backorder at Jenson with a mid-February 2022 ship date. H15 has Fox 36 fork and 4 piston brakes.
Congrats - what color and size, shipped to you or store pickup?
Congrats - what color and size, shipped to you or store pickup?
Graphite, Large and shipped to me. Tried to buy local but the LBSs had no idea on availability. Still working that though. Spent a few hours on a buddy's M10 and that sold me on the Rise. Then the H models came out. First upgrade will be larger front rotor.
I struggle with this one, can a 1000W bike really coexist on trails with hikers, horses, and bikers?
You're a bit confused. "1000wh battery" is referring to the size of the battery, not power of the motor. Like giving a car a larger gas tank, not a larger engine, only its range is extended.

As for how other trail users would coexist with bikes with 1000W motors, in the real world they're very unlikely to notice any difference between one of those and a legal 750W bike. It's not all that obvious riding one, much less observing it--it's similar to the difference between having a fully charged battery vs one that's about dead. But I'm happy with the 750W limit, it's more power than most will ever use on public trails.

That's something those without experience don't understand, much like "28 MPH," it sounds scary on paper, but in the real world on a single track trail it's pretty rare one is even able to use 750W for any significant period of time. In spots on a trail where most guys on 250W bikes will be in "sport" or "turbo" mode a guy on a 750W bike will generally be in a much lower power mode. Yes, they'll probably be using more power and get to the top of the climb a little faster, but it's pretty rare one is actually going to be using 3X as much power as controlling the bike/keeping it on the trail/not using up the battery in 5 minutes usually precludes it.
See less See more
I struggle with this one, can a 1000W bike really coexist on trails with hikers, horses, and bikers? I’ve already had a collision with an out of control ebiker, adding 3-4x power is sure to result in more issues.

if not on the same trails then this is what I want, shocking that it’s cheaper then a lot of emtbs.
View attachment 1959833
Like the KTM
I just purchased a Giant Reign e+ 1 and are just waiting on the upgrades to get here and installed.
Nice. Where did you buy that?

View attachment 1959833
Like the other replier said, I do not want more power, I want more range so I can do 50 mile, 10,000’ elevation gain rides and be out in the forest all day long. (I already do that, but I have to use a second battery). Right now I ride my ebike 80% of the time on a low power eco and only climb 20-30% faster than I do on my normal bike. Most hikers do not even know I’m on an ebike because I always slow to hiking speed when passing.
I agree with post #19. I start whistling a little to let people know i am there. I am not a racer. Part of the reason i bought an Ebike is i do not have a car. I go fast to reach the trails than pedal back home but in the trails i never use the maximum power of my 250Watts assistance.
Reactions: 2
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.