Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Mulefoot hog is an American breed that is named for its most distinctive feature, the solid, non-cloven hoof which looks like the hoof of a mule......or in this case a fat pig rim.;)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was surprised I had never heard of it. I guess based on that description it's a good name for a rim. Would have been a good name for a four season bike.

The rim looks pretty good, I like the profile, looks strong. At 800 grams it is lighter than an UMA lll and 10 mm's wider. I would have rather seen them go a little narrower and even lighter.

Mulefoot hog is an American breed that is named for its most distinctive feature, the solid, non-cloven hoof which looks like the hoof of a mule......or in this case a fat pig rim.;)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Excellent! Bonus points for offset drilling capability. Never understood why rim manufacturers lock themselves out of a huge segment of the fatbike market by not drilling an extra set of spoke holes.
I recently bought rims and one of my criteria was that they have the exact holes neded and no extra holes. That isn't to say only one type of rim is needed. But it does explain their motivation.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Correct, Trek is using the Mulefut on the Farley 6 and there own rim, the Jackalope, on the Farley 8.

Btw, they are available now. The rim, not the Farley 6.

I wonder if those are the ones that are going to be on the 2015 Trek Faley 6.

My current bike--2014 Trek Fuel EX 8 29er.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.