Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is a wheel set with the front at 870 grams and the rear 1030 grams considered light weight? The bike has rim brakes and the wheel set is double walled with single gauge aero spokes woven in a two left and two right cross. Tough terrain will not be experienced. Oh, and this is a $60.00 set.

·
This place needs an enema
16,916 Posts
Is a wheel set with the front at 870 grams and the rear 1030 grams considered light weight? The bike has rim brakes and the wheel set is double walled with single gauge aero spokes woven in a two left and two right cross. Tough terrain will not be experienced.
It depends on the rider, the bike, the terrain, the riding style, and the expectations.

·
Administrator
11,800 Posts
Is a wheel set with the front at 870 grams and the rear 1030 grams considered light weight? The bike has rim brakes and the wheel set is double walled with single gauge aero spokes woven in a two left and two right cross. Tough terrain will not be experienced. Oh, and this is a $60.00 set.
$600.00 or $60.00. That is crazy light for $60. Not light at all for rim brake wheels at $600. Also size of wheel would help. My wife rode American Classics in 26" and I think they were 1500gr total and where disc wheels. I have a set of road bike wheels without discs that are 1400grs that she also rides because no way and I riding a 1400gr wheelset at my specific gravity.

The American Classics were really stiff and a very nice wheelset but I think retail was something like $900 (in the early aughts). The road wheels came on my Litespeed so I have no idea what they are worth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.