Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal I am thinking about buying a 2014 Giant Anthem Advanced 27.5 1, that has been slightly used by only the LBS employees. LBS said it would be completely cleaned and tuned up. In addition, it would still be under warranty. Was told I could get it for $3,700 and MSRP for the bike new is $4,750. I still need to see the bike and check out the condition, but if the bike is in good condition what do you think?? Is that a fair price or should I offer less???

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It was probably bought on employee purchase, which is usually right at half of retail, and it isn't coming with a warranty. I'd offer $3000 even.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Is it a demo? Or an employee bought? Seems like a good price, but of course cheaper is better. Sometimes demos are cool because they can be a color that the normal ones don't come in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input Juan. That is what I was thinking about doing, just wanted to make sure I was not being unreasonable. And I will definitely make sure about the warranty issue. I just don't know if I will go through with the deal if it is not under warranty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it a demo? Or an employee bought? Seems like a good price, but of course cheaper is better. Sometimes demos are cool because they can be a color that the normal ones don't come in.
Tyson, I think it was suppose to be a demo because the shop does have demo rentals available. However, I think they just kept it for the employees to try out and then sell it at a discounted price if someone is interested. The LBS sister store has it available to demo, but I asked about this one and the guy said no he was just letting his employees borrow it.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Thanks for the input Juan. That is what I was thinking about doing, just wanted to make sure I was not being unreasonable. And I will definitely make sure about the warranty issue. I just don't know if I will go through with the deal if it is not under warranty.
I'd be concerned about Giant knowing the serial # was for an employee purchase bike. You may be able to get it warranted only through the particular shop that you bought it at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts