Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
A burned bum.

The "exciting" part of a nascar track.

Actually I have no idea what a berm is. I've heard they have them on the east coast and the pacific northwest. They're more of an urban legend at dry dusty northstar where I usually ride. I'm thinking one of us should import one just so we can see what it is.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi, I don't have any pictures of a bermed corner but I can explain it to you. A berm is a banked corner sometimes 5 feet high. It is designed so you can lean into the trun without having to put on the brakes and slow down. This intern saved energy.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
everybody starts somewhere...A berm is an elevated inbankment to help you hold your "line when you go into and through a turn.
it's embankment...and I knew what a berm was as a little girl??? I thought it was pretty common to know as an active person...and wouldn't it help you to "turn your line" and keep your speed...because if you were to "hold a line" wouldn't it be kept going straight???

and yes...I am being a sarcastic smartass today... :confused: :confused: ;)

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
irieness said:
it's embankment...and I knew what a berm was as a little girl??? I thought it was pretty common to know as an active person...and wouldn't it help you to "turn your line" and keep your speed...because if you were to "hold a line" wouldn't it be kept going straight???

and yes...I am being a sarcastic smartass today... :confused: :confused: ;)
lay off the coffee.....hold your line can be strait or a turn....that is why we call it a "STRAIT" line

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
freeriderizzle said:
This is a joke right????
Are you guys kidding me???
hey lay off. He is just asking and hes probably just getting started.
Anyways, tghe pictures explain it pretty well. A berm allows you to go around a turn faster becuase you dont have to put the brakes on.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
lay off the coffee.....hold your line can be strait or a turn....that is why we call it a "STRAIT" line
don't drink coffee...didn't you understand sarcastic smartass... ;) :D

a line is straight

a turn is curved

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
no I didn't understand :mad: :mad: ...and I already started the beer for the day
I thought I told you to lay off the beer and hit the herbles...your body will thank ya... ;)

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
irieness said:
I thought I told you to lay off the beer and hit the herbles...your body will thank ya... ;)
first and last one untill after the rides tonight...already did one run today and vacuumed the house

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
irieness said:
don't drink coffee...didn't you understand sarcastic smartass... ;) :D

a line is straight

a turn is curved
SMT had it right...
A riding line is not always straight. It is the path you choose, or at least intend, to steer your bike along. For XC guys the line is the way around a course that will yield the fastest time, often swerving to avoid bumbs. To a freerider, the line is the path that is super technical (if he wants), or will just launch him. If there is a turn in the path, a berm will help you hold your line.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
phoeneous said:
If I knew what a fukn berm was I wouldnt have asked. Grow up kiddies, it was just a question. :mad:
I'm sorry...I didn't mean to make fun of your question...it's just that when I'm wondering what things are like head tube, seat post, cranks, crank flux capacitor, SS, FS, hardtail... I do a little research on my own...it tends to be a lot faster than waiting for someone to answer a thread... but then it does give a lot of people something to be a smartass about... ;) :D

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Andrewpalooza said:
SMT had it right...
A riding line is not always straight. It is the path you choose, or at least intend, to steer your bike along. For XC guys the line is the way around a course that will yield the fastest time, often swerving to avoid bumbs. To a freerider, the line is the path that is super technical (if he wants), or will just launch him. If there is a turn in the path, a berm will help you hold your line.
yeah he did get it right and so did you...but at least he picked up my sarcasm after the SECOND time I told him...how many licks does it take you to get to the center of a smarta$$ pop??? ;) :D :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.