Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I've come out of my Ark, does anyone here have a good guage on how long it will take the local trails to dry once this rain ends? I ride the difficult run/great falls route quite a bit bc its close, but obviously that's gonna be a mess for a while, so I was wondering about fountainhead maybe in a few days? What else would dry reasonably quickly?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think is supposed to continue raining for the next few days so i dont think anything is going to be drying out anytime soon...From what i understand park rangers will close fountainhead after heavy rain to perserve the trails the only other place that might dry out within a few days is some parts of wakefield that are not in the woods..

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
redandy said:
Now that I've come out of my Ark, does anyone here have a good guage on how long it will take the local trails to dry once this rain ends? I ride the difficult run/great falls route quite a bit bc its close, but obviously that's gonna be a mess for a while, so I was wondering about fountainhead maybe in a few days? What else would dry reasonably quickly?
If you must ride soon after a deluge, hit Elizabeth Furnace.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah,I checked weather.com and it looks like rain for the next few days, so I'll have to stick to the roads. Still it would be handy to know what'll be open 1st.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The Furnace and Gambril will be the first to dry up. I'm planning to ride Gambril on saturday unless it's still raining when I wake up that morning.

·
Registered
815 Posts
What about Rosaryville? WIll that be slop for some time, kind of like Accotink? Or will it be rideable without having to dismount every 10 feet?

·
Weiner Dog Connoiseur
1,013 Posts
In Montgomery County, Black Hills will be the first one to dry out.

I rode Lower Magruder, which is the northern segment of the Seneca Greenway, this AM and it wasn't too bad. The trail was soft, but 90% passable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts