Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
How old is the fork and has it ever been serviced? On my '06 Marathon Race I would lose the function in all positions. Marzocchi said after about "a while" the cartridge probably needs to be "bled", since air gets mixed in with the oil.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
After a month of use, if you ride regularly, your fork is probably broken in and would be a good idea to change the oil anyway... I am not sure how often the TST should be bled though.. a month sounds too little...

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
onebikeguy your fork is 07 and should already use the new oil (aeroshell fluid 41). When you say it is non responsive is this a new development or something that has always been like this? If it is a new development then it may just need an oil change (but this is kinda soon for your fork) easiest way to check for airation is lock it out and check for free travel (undamped) if it locks out then all should be good and maybe your just used to the fork now?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jesse,

Thanks very much. That clarify a lot. TST does lock, it is not responsive from DS to AM, only locked and the position one before are noticeble, but other don't seem to change the firmness so much. It might be because I have higher PAR than normal and lower POS than normal.

Jesse, it is possilbe I can buy the new cartridge and the new dial that they are talking about (supposed to be out this month) from your source? So far I bought another one locally and using the internals from there. But I want to fix the spare and sell it.

Also, I found out Alfred bike had all the tools in stock so now I'm suppose to be all equipped to do servicing on Marzocchi forks with 32mm stanchion.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Im not sure what cartridge you are talking about I asked my guy and he said nothing is changing and I asked him about the lever and he said that would have had to be the tst-2. So unfortunately I am not sure maybe this is a non US version? I dont see how they could change it all up before the season has even really begun.

also to check your in between settings just cycle the fork (fast) in the am mode it should make a loud hissing sound from the oil being restricted.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Ah ok I thought you meant a new damping cartridge not an new air spring plug. That does sound interesting but I have not heard anything yet (I dont imagine it can be a major thing otherwise marz will just be shooting themselves in the foot for fork recalls) I have yet to have an issue with the par leaking into the sfa and after taking it apart I just dont see how this is happening (the par piston has an inner and outer o-ring to seal it).

This new improvement could just be playing with the spring tension (I was able to stop mine from rotating using the rocco detent springs instead of the ATA springs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.