Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, is there a way you can "save" the fork and install a new tube at full length and re-cut again? I know it's not good to cut too short but I was just curious if there's a way to save a fork if this were to happen.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
How short is to short ?? Smaller Headset, smaller Stem height wise and you can get a extender which bolts on like a stem but goes up to attach another stem higher.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Turveyd said:
How short is to short ?? Smaller Headset, smaller Stem height wise and you can get a extender which bolts on like a stem but goes up to attach another stem higher.
Is the measurement with headsets listed on pricepoint in regard to the height, or how far out they go? Such as 25.4mm vs 31.8mm, etc.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not that anyone is serious about the question...

I cut a Fox RLC 29 too short about a year ago. I made it work but called Fox and they will put in a new upper assembly for about $300 (as I recall). Good suggestion up top on low profile headsets.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
chexem said:
I cut a Fox RLC 29 too short about a year ago. I made it work but called Fox and they will put in a new upper assembly for about $300 (as I recall). Good suggestion up top on low profile headsets.
Holy ****. No thanks... I was hoping you could spend a couple bucks and just get a new tube pressed in place...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts