Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, living in a trailer park the manager/owner wanted us kids to give him suggestions on what to do with the place to make it more fun for us (and to keep us out of trouble)...one of my friends mentioned a skatepark and everyone thought that was the best idea

so after about 6 months heres what they have done, they built it all...the only thing we did was make the jump (they put the dirt there with a front-end loader)....and there still asking us what more we want over here so were ( me and 2 of my friends) asked if we could have a bunch of DJ's over in the corner (kinda where the one is but more to the right) and they said they would get a **** load of dirt and all we had to do was tell them where we want the dirt, how much dirt we want in one pile (to make one jump and landing), and we have to make the lip and landings nice...and thats it!!!

here are some quick pics i took a couple mins ago....there not very good but you can see the DJ which we just built in a couple mins because its gonna get torn down for the bigger rythem...then in the other pic you can see a querter pipe to the right (4' high 8' wide) and theres a box...and there working on a pyramid right now :thumbsup:

i got a SHORT vid of me hitting the DJ but its not uploading for some reason...ill keep trying

Attachments

·
Florida Rider
880 Posts
When you start building make sure you dont half ass your jumps, put effort and time into it. You dont want them looking like **** and being unsafe so really make sure they are well built. Looks like you have a sick spot to build and ride congrats.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
yeah, congrats on that score! be thankful for that, seriously...
oh yeah, and does the park have any open lots??? haha....

need a hip/quarter transfer where those stairs are too, could add quite a bit more flow to the park, even though the run up would be on dirt...

·
Registered
7 Posts
very nice!

When you guys get the dirt, let me know if you need any help shaping the lips and landings. I have some private DJ trails in Milford and have quite a bit of experience with buffing DJs :) I'm 98HooKooFreeRider on the mmba.org message board. Have fun out there!!!

-matt

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AnnArborDJer said:
very nice!

When you guys get the dirt, let me know if you need any help shaping the lips and landings. I have some private DJ trails in Milford and have quite a bit of experience with buffing DJs :) I'm 98HooKooFreeRider on the mmba.org message board. Have fun out there!!!

-matt
that would be sick! even though the work is not very hard some experiecne will go a long way!

ill def. let you know when were getting some dirt

im gonna PM you and ask some personal stuff so keep an eye on those PM's

yea the whole idea of the DJ's are "to keep bikes of the quarter pipe"...but that will never happen :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
derfernerf said:
that would be sick! even though the work is not very hard some experiecne will go a long way!

ill def. let you know when were getting some dirt

im gonna PM you and ask some personal stuff so keep an eye on those PM's

yea the whole idea of the DJ's are "to keep bikes of the quarter pipe"...but that will never happen :p
Right on man. I replied to your PM.

If you do things correctly, you won't want to ride that quarter because the DJs will be so dialed :thumbsup:

-matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's a shot of my trails from a while ago. Wouldn't be that difficult to replicate it if all we have to do is pack and shape the doubles!

-matt

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
snaky69 said:
Me likey the nice and wide QP, nice for both bmx and 26ers and anything in between.
haha yea...the only thing is theres so many dang little kids on there scooters and sh!t that get in your way

but after there bed time its HEAVEN!

ive nevver ridden a QP so i basically....suck....lol, i can fakie really good out of it (all though i cant really fakie cuz i cant spin out yet) but its really different airing out of a QP then, say, a steep hill...its pretty cool though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AnnArborDJer said:
Here's a shot of my trails from a while ago. Wouldn't be that difficult to replicate it if all we have to do is pack and shape the doubles!

-matt
OH MY-LANTA!!!!! if we had something like that i would cry...thats very nice!

·
Registered
853 Posts
nice dude...awsome that you guys actually got a legal spot and guys make it for you an all that...If you really literally mean tons of dirt make a dirt bowl, or add a wooden semi-bowl to the place, with a curved wallride on top or something you know what I mean?

anyways...f' ing awsome...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea dude, a woden wall ride would be sick! like as a berm type thing

something to ride while you turn around

·
Registered
234 Posts
that is like wow, here its a bunch of triathaletes that don't appreciate something as cool and mini jump parks like those. You are very lucky and congrats...I'm on the verge of full piracy and building MY own jumps where no one can find them...

·
Registered
292 Posts
derfernerf said:
OH MY-LANTA!!!!! if we had something like that i would cry...thats very nice!
Those trails do looks really nice. I concur!

Here in Columbus we have 3 spots that are at least that groomed but the jumps are WAY too big for me to even attempt. Some of the the lips on these are at the very minimum 8 Ft. no joke.

One of the spots was written about in BMX plus! a few years back called the AMA trails.

I think your spot would be really cool as long as you keep the beginner/intermediate riders in mind ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Awesome! I did some major repair work on my trails a bit after that picture was taken as well, so they're all smooth with sharp edges and whatnots. The picture is also deceiving as to the size of the jumps. they are dug down into the ground and run downhill.

I've only hit a couple jumps that large Strauss but would love to try a flowy set that large someday :) Any pics??

-matt

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Strauss said:
I think your spot would be really cool as long as you keep the beginner/intermediate riders in mind ;)
yea, thats why we need to make them big enough so the beginners wont hit them :p :thumbsup:

·
Registered
234 Posts
here its really hard to find a place where some kook wont tear them down. Driving to poach the skate park one day, I thought: why not make some portable jumps and some ladders with like concrete blocks as support; with about 8 support posts with concrete bases I figure I could then make a big kicker and have a ladder drop to tranny to a box type thing with a quarter pipe on one side and a landing on the other side. Someone had a really cool one on Utube, but taller than what I envision. Think it'd work? a compact jump park in the back of my pick up. It might even be tailored to certain vacant lots...whaddaya think?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Very, very nice. You guys are pretty fortunate to have this owner put himself out there for you guys. When it comes to money and liability I can't see much of anyone that'd step up to bat for you. So big congrats. Trails here around me are few and far between with the sweet spots getting torn down. Building season just started for us so I'm digging a choice tucked spot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts