Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i knew my dad was a roadie back in the day :p and i would always bug him to dig his old bike out of the garage, well this is what i found outside today :D, don't think its anything special seeing as he's not the type to spend a lot on bikes but the plan is to fix it up into my work commuter :cool:

the only couple pics i got before the digicam died

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rumpfy said:
You found a beat to piss old road bike in your own backyard!
correction, in the garage! and i cleaned it up, it looks pretty good, couple spots with light surface rust but no biggie, it has "sante" brakes/derailleur, i'm gonna go to the lbs to get some tires/tubes and take it for a test ride

·
artistic...
7,636 Posts
Rumpfy said:
But your original post said "well this is what i found outside today". I'm so confused now!?:confused: :confused: :confused:

I just want to say that all the cleaning in the world won't make it a mountain bike.
too fast for a mountain bike...HTH.

·
VRC Illuminati
17,655 Posts
IF52 said:
But you can still ghost jump it right?

Would you be able to reach the pedals?
It looks perfect for a spectacular flaming ghost jump off a cliff into the jagged rocks and ocean below.

If I tried to ride it, I would get high centered on the TT. :p

·
Registered
725 Posts
That is a big bike.

And it's a 1989 Schwinn Circuit. Colmbus SL tubing, chrome stays & fork, and Shimano Sante make it a sharp looking. Not worth a whole bunch, but super fun to ride. Here's mine- I swapped out the wheels for some Heliums.

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle wheel rim

edit: actually yours is a 1988. missed the slight variations in decals at first.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for the replies so far, it rides wayyy different than a mountain bike (duh) but seems pretty fun so far, got some new tires/tubes on it, man is it a pain in the ass to put new tubes on.. gonna continue to clean it tomorrow, gonna get some new bar tape/brake cover dealies.. and also gonna try and ride it to work tomorrow, it doesn't seem super light for a road bike but I'm sure for its day it was fairly light, either way it'll be easier to commute on than my FS mtn bike

·
Registered
243 Posts
djmuff said:
That is a big bike.

And it's a 1989 Schwinn Circuit. Colmbus SL tubing, chrome stays & fork, and Shimano Sante make it a sharp looking. Not worth a whole bunch, but super fun to ride. Here's mine- I swapped out the wheels for some Heliums.

View attachment 373400

edit: actually yours is a 1988. missed the slight variations in decals at first.
Hell I'd take it. nice bike! nothing wrong with that thing.:thumbsup:

·
surfer w/out waves
613 Posts
if you can get that Chrome to Bling... it'll be totally worth it!!! I think Chrome is totally anti-weightweenie!!! Way to be a rebel!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.