·
Disgruntled Peccary
2,989 Posts
There's always custom.

·
always licking the glass
3,298 Posts
I'm just not a fan of fewer choices.
I’m with you on it. My last white bike I had was two years ago. It fits my husband better, so we still have it. I like it when brands offer more color choices, or have custom color options. Unfortunately some manufacturers will penalize you for custom painting their frames.

My current rides are desert loam (sparkly root beer), forest green, and black with as many red accents I can find for it.

But parts like forks? Decal all the things. Customize it that way.

·
Cycologist
8,930 Posts
I'm still rocking white forks on two bikes!

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

Of course, I still have a chrome bike as well!

Tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Land vehicle

Dang, I need to ride these more, the Lemond is the only one I've taken out this year!

• Sad
Reactions: BansheeRune

·
furker
520 Posts
Seriously though, besides jokes about white and the 1980's, I don't think the whole "ghost bike" thing has helped the marketing for white bike stuff.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I have a white road bike. Hate the color because of the dirt and grease that shows on it. My drive side chain stay looks like someone poured grease on it after a few rides.

Only bought it that color because it was the only color available in my size when I was looking to buy the make and model I wanted. So I settled.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Yeah the original decals were pink and blue.

There is some channel I watch where some guy restores these to pristine condition. I would love to do that with mine.
I got into BMX in 87. Anything before that I have a harder time identifying. The 88 GT decals were my favorite, and the 87 ones were a close 2nd. I have an 88 GT Pro Freestyle Tour Team.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Is it the neon pink one? I wanted that so bad!
Yeah me too, but I ended up getting the electric blue one. I remember debating back and forth between the electric blue and dayglow pink. I think in the end I felt like I'd catch less crap on the electric blue bike over the dayglow pink. :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah me too, but I ended up getting the electric blue one. I remember debating back and forth between the electric blue and dayglow pink. I think in the end I felt like I'd catch less crap on the electric blue bike over the dayglow pink. :D
haha I totally understand

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I have a Whyte bike.

... oh wait, that's it's brand, not its color...

·
Never trust a fart
4,482 Posts
My Dragon Race is red/white. I had a white Manitou fork and have white cabling for it. White is still in. Just have to play with the colors to get it to look good.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts