Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a little bit of a rant, but what has happened to white components in MTB? A few years ago I was looking at white hydraulic brakes and white forks. Over the last couple weeks I've done a search for white rims and white handlebars. I can't find anything. It's not even so much that I want them, but seems odd. I've found a white Suntour fork that may or may not be fakes. I came across some Sun rims that were white but apparently are an old model because I can't find anything other than the web page I happened to stumble upon. I did find another obscure rim on eBay. Fox has an orange fork for goodness sake, but not white? I saw a white Truvativ stem. I don't know if I came across any others. Point is, the pickens seem to be slim.

·
Registered
768 Posts
That's just my opinion, but.

White parts, especially white forks and rims do look so out of place and don't do well with other colors.
So I'm glad those days are gone.

·
Disgruntled Peccary
2,990 Posts
It was making people think it was ok to wear white sunglasses.

It isn’t.
Not even after labor day?

I never understood white grips, or bar tape. Might as well just get multi-beige

Reactions: stripes and sgltrak

·
Registered
293 Posts
All that white paint is in low supply due to the current white house fad. Some of them would be decent looking if they were a different color, so many hideous white houses these days.

·
No known cure
4,572 Posts
So 15 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
1988. Suntour had a special edition XC 9100 front and rear derailleur and shifters that were white on the GT Avalanche. The bike came with a GT crank with a white spider.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,060 Posts
One of my buddies has a white fatbike. I'm a bit jealous.

Reactions: stripes
1 - 20 of 42 Posts