Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

561 - 580 of 603 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was optimistic that this was true, however something tells me that there will be no new lineup or website. There is still hope though...
The only hope is that Turner has been sold to a distributor, which will take care of the business side and inject some revenue, freeing up Dave Turner to design and develop bikes. It COULD explain his complete and total silence on things lately -- you can't talk in the middle of negotiations, transitions and proposed developments. It COULD explain the sudden non-function of his website and disconnection of the phones.

It's all theoretical. But if he has not found a distributor, it doesn't look good.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Mods should consider moving Turner to the "other manufacturers" sub-forum. This place is dead like the Ellsworth section.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
You mean Geronimo? Yes, I've ridden that and of course National and Mormon but lots on S. Mountain I haven't had a chance to ride. It's not my home turf. I'm mainly Flagstaff and Sedona.
Up national down corona de Loma, desert classic back to and up national, down Geronimo, then head over and up Mormon and down to Pima trailhead. Great ride w some hike a biking, views and stellar trails.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
Trails finally starting to dry out. Coil shock being serviced. Running all new SKF/NSK bearings.

0155bfad2a1a4745612dbfe6a7dc18fd8ca8aaa885.jpg

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey, you are sticking to the bluff, right? It would be really cool if STA had one of those cool plutonium powered trail drying bots everyone else has.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
Hey, you are sticking to the bluff, right? It would be really cool if STA had one of those cool plutonium powered trail drying bots everyone else has.
That's all that's dry. I walked down L-train a little way to see how it was, but still muddy. Maybe in a week or so stuff will get close (and STA will open some). I will say that 4x bluff laps out and back with those 3 steep hills (not counting the first one) is exhausting, but I'm able to clean them now (the ones on the actual bluff), crazy steep.

Mostly I'm just doing hillside hill-climb training dies on my fatbike...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I did a city lap cutting through the Jodpur connector to the Coastal Trail on Friday. I passed a few bikers who I wondered if they were checking out the bluff. I heard the Butte is good...I've never been out there so I may hit that up at the end of the week. Ski'd Hatchers again Sun, but that will be the last.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
You using anything for frame protection on the velcro straps from the frame bag?
I have an invisiframe kit installed. I do find my heel tries to wear through the swingarm, so I put some tape around that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
With the lift access trails closed here and my Burner finally fully built I have been spending some time sharpening my beloved Highline for shuttle/ lift only trails....check it out....I cant believe the 650b wheels fit (barely) and it's not finished yet but I am well chuffed at the outcome so far

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
Good post-repair testing. Trail: Eh-Line.

561 - 580 of 603 Posts