Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Litespeed Kitsuma

I bought it and built it up to ride x-country with an adjustable Reba Team fork (85-115). The frame will handle 100-130mm forks but I don't plan on doing any jumping. Seems like the only way to get a frame with these features now would be custom.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I still got mine too, probably the best frame ever made,[in my opinionated opinion] may 2001 is when i spent a lot of money on a little bike made of tadtanium[as a friend calls it]. I use it as a winter hack bike nowadays, but is still my fave ride and the only bike i wont sell.

·
Registered
242 Posts
kitsuma on ebay?

Hmm, is that a real kitsuma on ebay rite now or just another model of litespeed with some kituma stickers? It doesn't have the cool machined top/down tube braces or the machined dropouts like all the other kitsuma I've seen so far.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Very odd...and the Kitsuma is disc only (at least mine is). I am not aware of any older Litespeed models other than the Kitsuma that have a sloping top tube. There is a slight possibility that it was customized for a rider that wanted rear v-brakes?? Don't know.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not too sure about that unless it was a custom build to certain specs. you could possibly tell by frame number and a call to litespeed, all the kitsumas i know of have the same first three numbers, the dropouts look familiar but cant remember what ive seen them on, also the seller would or should of mentioned that kitsumas are a mix of two types of titanium. It looks ok but its not a kitsuma methinks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
that's no Kitsuma - never ever. Looks like one of the recent Chinese frames, all pretty much a copy of the On One 456 Ti (built by Lynskey) and Lynskey frames.

Shouldn't be a bad frame, but imho NO Kitsuma. The guy probably bought a spare badge and a decal set from Litespeed and there we go. :nono:

i'd stay away from that auction.... (easy said, since i already got a Kitsuma in my basement ;) =

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds about right, just too many non-Kitsuma features/specs. Pretty brazen to just throw a badge and decals on a frame and try to pass it on as something better. Who knows, maybe he bought it like that and thinks it's a Kitsuma??

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just recently retired my old Kitsuma. Gettin too old for the bone shakin'!
I got that hardtail in 01 I think, and have been riding is since then at least weekly. It's undergone many transformations, and remains a strong contendah. It's partly built up, and once I come across the various components I need to get er rockin, she'll be my dj/trialsin bike.

Old parts, new sled:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.