Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a lovely silver anodized TNT Flux for over three years and it's easily the best looking and hardest wearing finish I've ever had on a bike.

However, it looks like the only options for the current 5 Spot are for a powder coat front triangle. Does anyone know if there's any plans to bring back ano finishes for 2010?

·
Committed
1,775 Posts
Jimmer_Himself said:
I've had a lovely silver anodized TNT Flux for over three years and it's easily the best looking and hardest wearing finish I've ever had on a bike.

However, it looks like the only options for the current 5 Spot are for a powder coat front triangle. Does anyone know if there's any plans to bring back ano finishes for 2010?

As far as I know, there are no plans for ano frames in the near future. Turner had quality control issues with their frame ano company, and stopped doing front triangles as a result.

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Geez where ya been they ain't done Ano since 06, maybe some early 07s like soulrider says it did not go well with the new ano dudes in 07 so they changed it..

Like most things on here ya can't please everyone all the time ,the finish of the PC is awesome as good as Ive seen on any other bikes, and as good as Ano, maybe won;t last as well, but then ya get more color options, its easier to change later when it gets old which many do here!

I like that myself, I have 2 Ano Turners and would prefer the PC or Raw options myself over the Turner ano of old, even though they are still in top condition! I like the way ya can change the PC if ya feel in the mood for a makeover, jmo :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trailadvent said:
Geez where ya been they ain't done Ano since 06
Out riding my bikes;)

That's a shame to hear because I always thought the anodizing suited the classic look of Turners....plus it made choosing the colour a lot easier!

Mind you the 2009 5 Spot does look rather good in Iron Glimmer........

·
outclassed by his bike
365 Posts
bad paint

Jimmer_Himself said:
Out riding my bikes;)

That's a shame to hear because I always thought the anodizing suited the classic look of Turners....plus it made choosing the colour a lot easier!

Mind you the 2009 5 Spot does look rather good in Iron Glimmer........
I agree with Jimmer. Although all other aspects of the bike are 10 out of 10, the paint on my Burner has got to be the softest, worst-looking paint I have ever seen on a mountain bike. After I'd had the frame for a month it looked like I'd been riding it for two years. :nonod:

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
All things equal, I prefer anodize.

Too bad DT didn't find a work-around to all the QC issues. Based on my experience with anodized bike frames and painted or powdercoated frames, I really think anodize is the best finish.

But still, I have two Turners and it doesn't bother me while I have fun on them.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Love my black ano frame.

Everyone thinks it's black, then two weeks later they'll be surprised that it is a plum color in the sun. Gotta love it.

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
qcanoe said:
I agree with Jimmer. Although all other aspects of the bike are 10 out of 10, the paint on my Burner has got to be the softest, worst-looking paint I have ever seen on a mountain bike. After I'd had the frame for a month it looked like I'd been riding it for two years. :nonod:
Ahh geez when was the Burner produced lol, I think maybe paint jobby's have gotten a little better since then :D

But I do agree with Jimmer on one thing it made choosing the color easier if going std, as far as I know they've offered custom colors for as long as I can remember which is not saying much as what did I just say :p

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've got one of the ano black ones they did in 04/05 I think. Front and rear anodised. Looking a bit worse for wear now, but still going strong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts