Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having trouble with JensonUSA?

They're not responding to my emails regarding an order
They're livechat is available for literally 5 seconds each day
They're facebook messenger replied to me one day and forwarded my message for me but since then nothing

Do I need to go find my rotary phone and call them on the telephone?
Even then, would anyone answer?

·
Cycologist
10,088 Posts
Anyone else having trouble with JensonUSA?

They're not responding to my emails regarding an order
They're livechat is available for literally 5 seconds each day
They're facebook messenger replied to me one day and forwarded my message for me but since then nothing

Do I need to go find my rotary phone and call them on the telephone?
Even then, would anyone answer?
I received an order from them last week, no issues. I did not try to contact them, just bought on the site.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, pick up your phone and call them. In my line of work electronic communication is not considered urgent, but phone calls are.
it's not urgent, but ANY communication would be nice.

They finally responded after finding out that they're at fault. My suspicion is that everyone avoided responding to me rather than delivering the bad news and then remedy the situation.

edit: eventually I got a response and was able to work out a resolution

·
Co Springs
2,414 Posts
I did not pursue it but was on there a short time ago to poke around and the usual big inventory of bikes and brands seem quite limited from a few years ago. I was hot on some Jamis bikes at the time and as of that last visit, barley anything.

Must be going through some changes of some sort.

·
Titanium Junkie
Why Cycles S7, Specialized Levo
1,706 Posts
I find that they have ok prices and ship fast (and free 1-Day to AZ), but I have found that their CS timeliness and professionalism sucks on the phone and electronically.

Case in point, I returned an item to them (through their system, they provided the label, etc) and they would not refund my CC once the item was received. They even admitted they had it, plus I had tracking that showed it was delivered. It was maddening, went back and forth for weeks over it, kept asking to have it escalated to a supervisor but that never happened, and then one day out of the blue it hit my CC as a refund with no notice or even a simple “our bad”.

Also, their 15% off coupons are a joke. Hardly anything is eligible, but you don’t know that until you punch in the 25 digit code. At least they should do like Universal Cycles and tell you on the item page of an item cannot discount.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Use a phone to call someone, using your voice?! The horror!
I know, right? but honestly, an agent can field multiple emails/chats at once but can only talk to one person on the phone. and most of time, with most customer service calls, you call and you wait and you get someone and you explain your spiel (no copying and pasting) and the first thing they say is: I'm going to put you on hold.

So ya, you get them on the phone and but it's less efficient.

I find that they have ok prices and ship fast (and free 1-Day to AZ), but I have found that their CS timeliness and professionalism sucks on the phone and electronically.

Case in point, I returned an item to them (through their system, they provided the label, etc) and they would not refund my CC once the item was received. They even admitted they had it, plus I had tracking that showed it was delivered. It was maddening, went back and forth for weeks over it, kept asking to have it escalated to a supervisor but that never happened, and then one day out of the blue it hit my CC as a refund with no notice or even a simple "our bad".

Also, their 15% off coupons are a joke. Hardly anything is eligible, but you don't know that until you punch in the 25 digit code. At least they should do like Universal Cycles and tell you on the item page of an item cannot discount.
Thanks for sharing, I did find that while most things work smoothly, say if you bought something that's in stock, no problems. But then the smallest thing would then be catastrophic.

examples:

under my account -> orders -> it lists all of my orders twice, for no reason. identical lines and links.

things they have in stock shows: xx in stock but then there items that says "xx available [today's date]" come back tomorrow, it says tomorrow's date... until I ordered it and two days later they email me to tell me it's on back order.

which was fine, as I knew from shopping around that this item is likely not in stock. except they told me they were expecting it to be in stock by the 29th of July. I ask about it July 30th, they say, "anytime now" and "by the end of the week".

I email them 8/3 asking them to check their sources, because the manufacturer of my item wasn't expecting it to be in stock until mid September. And that's when I got crickets. no response.

I mean, why am I the one confirming with the manufacturer on expected delivery dates? and why did it say "available today" on the product page in the first place?

about Universal Cycles, at first I was little weirded out by the way they formatted their pages, and the lack of "pizzazz" made it seems like a not-legit site. But after shopping on it, I actually like how they structured their catalog and how they list all of the available options underneath. And they actually show you how many are in stock in each location!

·
Registered
977 Posts
IDK, I guess it can be luck of the draw, but I ordered something from them that was backordered, rolling the dice cause I needed it for a trip.

When it was becoming clear that it might be an issue, I called, someone picked up immediately, could look in their distributor's inventory and tell me that it definitively would not be there in time. Cancelled the order.

It took two minutes and he was very professional the entire time.

·
Registered
14,836 Posts
I have used them a few times recently and had to ask one question about my order. Deliveries were on time and my query was replied to promptly.

I agree their 15% coupons are worthless. I usually just recycle them because trying to use them makes me more pissed off than saving 15% on the cheapest item in my basket once every few tries is worth.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jenson has always been good to me. However, I've recently been hitting Backcountry when I can for free 2 day shipping over $50.00 (and price match).
yes, I had that exact scenario where I had the same item in both jenson's cart and in backcountry/competitive's cart and it showed that I had to pay for shipping for jenson (it was a hitch rack) while it was free two day from the other...

and on the 15% coupon, when I finally was able to get someone from customer service and were trying to work out a resolution, I had asked for a coupon code for next time, he responded, "oh all I have are these 15% codes... let me get you something else"

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Worldwidecyclery.com is always free shipping even if you only spend 5 bucks! I bounce between the two compare prices and availability. WC has been spot on with the customer service.. FYI

·
Titanium Junkie
1,706 Posts
Worldwidecyclery.com is always free shipping even if you only spend 5 bucks! I bounce between the two compare prices and availability. WC has been spot on with the customer service.. FYI
WWC is a bait and switch enterprise in my experience...advertising things in stock with incredible shipping promises that never pan out. YMMV

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
WWC is a bait and switch enterprise in my experience...advertising things in stock with incredible shipping promises that never pan out. YMMV
What does bait and switch mean? They are an LBS in SoCal ran by a bunch of MTBers...
Free Shipping on everything sold...

·
Titanium Junkie
1,706 Posts
What does bait and switch mean? They are an LBS in SoCal ran by a bunch of MTBers...
Free Shipping on everything sold...
Well, first off, it says "YMMV", which translates to "Your Mileage May Vary", which is a way of saying your experience may be different than mine. With that out of the way...

It was a shipping issue, they didn't have the part in stock nor did they ship it in a timely manner as advertised. When contacted, they didn't handle it well. They tried to blame it on the fact that I ordered it through Amazon and they were the fulfillment for the item, and even though it was advertised as Prime, 2 day shipping, in stock, it took over a week and they told me that next time I should just go directly to their website if I wanted it faster. I was not aware of them or their website (have always used Jenson or Universal Cycles) at the time, so even if ordering from them directly would "solve" the problem, the over-the-top "bro" attitude I got only guaranteed that I wouldn't be utilizing them anymore for any orders.

Hope that answers your question, Burt.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
is it me, or does worldwide cyclery's product navigation leave a lot to be desired?

you can filter by brand and that's it. so unless you knew exactly what you are looking for, you can't find anything quickly. and they list all of their colours, sizes, options as a separate entry.

so if i was shopping for tires, i can filter by brand and that's it. so now I have to scroll through 700x25, 27.5x2.3, 27.5x2.8, 29x2.6....

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.