Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
IMHO the next best small, inexpensive light to a Yinding right now is the BL2S from Kaidomain:

http://kaidomain.com/bike-lights-an...-Groups-of-2-to-3-Mode-2200-Lumens-Bike-Light

Build quality is not as good as Yinding, isn't user serviceable AFAIK, lacks fade-between-modes and the power button is not a match for Solar Storm's but for the price of $15.98 it's a steal.

Reason for my love is the XM-L2 U3 2 color bin. Ordered the 4000K and it's a rich warm white light, makes all colors pop unlike any other NW bike lamp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a heads up, the Yindings gearbest currently sells are NOT the improved second version with the XM-L2, but they're actually leftover 1st generation lights as far as I can tell.

I took mine apart and found old XM-L U2 leds as well as some other issues (rattling lenses, inadequate amount of thermal paste).

Still a decent light I guess, just don't expect it to match the description. I bought it because I read the topic about them on this forum, and was quite disappointed to find out it's not the actual XM-L2 version.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.