Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The grease gun that came with my Bronson cannot be unscrewed despite my best efforts.

What grease gun will work well and is not too expensive?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Yeah, I found that out too AFTER putting it on the zerk... I had to CUT the damn thing off with a dremel!!! Willie sent me another that actually works - give him a call in SC's customer service. Make sure you can unscrew the tip before installing on zerk! Also, I'm sure any grease is better than none but the grease SC sends is a lot lighter than marine grease and will have a lot less friction.

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I've "tilted and twisted" thousands - trust me, I'm not a nimrod. The gun was no way NO HOW coming off without damaging the frame and/or ripping the zerk out (no way to access the zerk with a wrench either in that tight link).

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
Registered
98 Posts
I could not get my grease gun to unscrew until after I forced some grease through it. Don't know if it is coincidence or it made a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I could not get my grease gun to unscrew until after I forced some grease through it. Don't know if it is coincidence or it made a difference.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not coincidence, pumping in the grease created back pressure and makes removal easier. I especially notice this on sealed sled axles.

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just usually just pudda lidda muttid on it! I prefer grey pu pon or frenches straight yellah. no friction! smells great! and Its cheap!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts