Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a decent pair of goggles that can fit with my prescription glasses. There'd need to be a cut out relief area to fit around the glasses' frames and not press them against my head.

I know some companies make prescription goggles but that gets very expensive.

Anyone?

·
Registered
666 Posts
My guess is that you will have to try a bunch on and see.

i am assuming that contacts are not an option.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm asking about goggles with cutouts not just regular goggles. Most goggles are snug fitting and won't accommodate glasses frames

·
Registered
783 Posts
You will need to try some on as different goggles fit better/worse with different styles of glasses. I find that it works better for me if I wear metal framed glasses with thin sidepieces instead of plastic frames with thick sidepieces.

·
Registered
666 Posts
might have to buy a cheap pair and doctor them up

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Have a look at Oakley L Frames. They are designed to fit over prescription eyewear. I've known a few people that have used them and they say they work great. But bring your helmet when you try them on, as that will change the way the goggles fit.

·
Good, green, Oregon.
793 Posts
As mentioned, Oakley makes a full line of Dirt goggles that they label as OTG (Over The Glasses). I think that may be your best bet, and they really aren't priced too bad.

Oakley - The Official Site

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i would take your helmet and glasses to the local moto shop, and just try on a bunch of different goggles (they should have a lot of selection).

i found that a few of the "OTG" goggles didn't work well at all (i felt like they forced my eye glasses hard onto my nose), and i ended up w/ a cheap-ey pair of low end smith goggles that actually fit pretty well (non OTG model).

fwiw, i have a specialized dissident helmet, w/ fairly bulky eyeglasses (very high prescription--too high for goggle inserts).

hope that helps

·
Registered
37 Posts
Why not wear contact lenses for riding? Another suggestion is to get Rx goggles, the company puts your Rx directly into the lenses or with an Rx insert. I see a lot of patients where we go with an insert if they have a large Rx. Let me know if you need help finding anything. I like Rudy Project the best. They have great customer service and they make a great product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts