Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ya'll
I'm a Georgia rider coming to Vegas from July 31 to Aug 4.:thumbsup: Looking for some heads up on trails and bike rentals ( high end full suspension) I ride 3 times a week in the mountains,with a least one night ride per week:D All feedback is appreciated.

·
occasionally good
7,100 Posts
If you're planning on a) riding in mountains or b) riding sometime other than 5AM that time of year you may want to drive a couple of hours north and head for Ely... ;)

Great desert riding in Vegas but it's hotter'n a snake's belly that time of year. Hot to the point of kill you dangerous hot.

·
Spoke-n-Spoon Junkie
380 Posts
Biscuit Pants said:
Hey Ya'll
I'm a Georgia rider coming to Vegas from July 31 to Aug 4.:thumbsup: Looking for some heads up on trails and bike rentals ( high end full suspension) I ride 3 times a week in the mountains,with a least one night ride per week:D All feedback is appreciated.
Don't forget your lights (it's too hot, unless you start your ride at daybreak), the closest you'll get to high end bikes will probably be at Escape the City Streets/Las Vegas Cyclery and maybe All Mountain Cyclery near Bootleg Canyon trails in Boulder City (better plan for adequate transportation though). If you get E ! 's attention in the Nevada Forums (here), I'm sure he will set up a special event just for your trip. The 3 main trail systems are Bootleg Canyon (intermediate - advanced and technical/climbing), Cottonwood (easy but fun), and Cowboy Trails (lung burning - intermediate).

If you search these forums for all the underlined words above, you will find maps and phone numbers. I just don't have the time to look them up right now.

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Or.......

Brianhead is just a couple hours away from Las Vegas. There will be a NORBA race going on tha weekend. The trails may be closed off in some sections for the racing, but I'll take my chances up there rather than melt down here.....
1. Paul at the end of Dark Hollow
2. aaahhhh, trees and real dirt
3. What ever happened to Craig??
4. Shorty, or "Mr. HelloWorld", and Redmon at the peak, they rode from the shop...:skep:
5. Mr. HelloWorld and I enjoying the ride!

Attachments

·
Maaaaan
4,259 Posts
What Woosies!

I ride at Bootleg 3 days a week, even when its 110 outside in the shade and I've only gotten heat exhaustion once or twice a summer for the last four summers.
LOLs.

Morning or night is right!

Later, Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.