Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for some new ones, I need some ideas. It seems I cant get a pair that last longer then a few months months....if that long.

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
These gloves are the sh!t, I've been riding them 4-5 times a week for a few months w/ no problems at all.

Attachments

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
fred.r said:
These gloves are the sh!t, I've been riding them 4-5 times a week for a few months w/ no problems at all.

the rogues arew insane.....knuckle protection Galore

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
I prefer these...

I prefer these...

Attachments

·
Canadian Invasion
296 Posts
Fox Uni-bombers.....I loved them till I ripped the palm open, and my palm open!

Now I ride the new white Fox Bombers. Not as comfortable, they seem to bunch up right in the callus area of the palm. Lots of knuckle protection. I think glove makers should focus on the palm of the glove, esp. near the wrist. This seams to be where most crashes take the impact. I know you're not supposed to fall like this, but it usually happens, esp when going over the bars. I think that is where some kevlar should be, as I have yet to crash on my knuckles (personaly, although I'm sure it must happen).

I think I'm going to pick up some sombrios next. I have a few of their items, and really like the quality and design...and its made in Canada!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Phi.Design said:
Fox Uni-bombers.....I loved them till I ripped the palm open, and my palm open!

Now I ride the new white Fox Bombers. Not as comfortable, they seem to bunch up right in the callus area of the palm. Lots of knuckle protection. I think glove makers should focus on the palm of the glove, esp. near the wrist. This seams to be where most crashes take the impact. I know you're not supposed to fall like this, but it usually happens, esp when going over the bars. I think that is where some kevlar should be, as I have yet to crash on my knuckles (personaly, although I'm sure it must happen).

I think I'm going to pick up some sombrios next. I have a few of their items, and really like the quality and design...and its made in Canada!
Carbon knuckles aren't for crashes. They are for when you clip your knuckle on a tree.

Sombrio is an awesome company. I called them one day and Dave Watson answered the phone. How's that for service!

Sombrio: "Sombrio this is Dave"
DSB: "Watson"
Sombrio: "Speaking"
DSB: "Wow. You're a [email protected] I didn't expect you to answer"
Sombrio: "Thanks. What can I do for you"

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
I use 661 MTX, a year old and still holding up. Anyways I have some new Fox gloves here in case these break apart..

·
SamIAm
2,038 Posts
i run the fox digits and they have held up forever. i also have the fox inclines which rip after one wreck, but there super light and meshy. i also have the specialized fortresses. they are the most conforatable carbon glove i have tried on. and they have a bunch of ventilation, cooler than the digits. but they have a super thin perforated leather palm. i havnt wrecked w/ them yet, just clipped trees, but they will ripp apart as soon as put my hand down in a wreck.

·
Me hates pinchflat
2,415 Posts
TLD se
The colour is FUGLY, but I needed gloves and these were the only ones that fit me :D Plus, they are pretty comfortable.

M

·
0 Posts
Gloves are tricky, you really need to try them on before you buy...kinda' like a helmet! Price does not always dictate durability either. For what it's worth, I like my Fox Inclines. They are breathable and light, and aren't bunchy...fit like a glove(ha,ha)! If you have a local LBS, go in and try on every pair of glove they have, until you find something you like! Knockle protection is great, if you run into $iht alot, but the palm is what you have to be conscious of... But I suck, so WTF do I know?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts