Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
40,768 Posts
I made the trouser snake joke the other weekend at the lake. One of my friends kids(9 years old?) Heard my comments and asks his parents, "mom, what's a trouser snake?"

Lol i was in tears. Parents have me a dirty look.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I have a feeling the guy typing this is shaking his head from side to side.

·
No known cure
4,480 Posts
Besides consumables, my recent purchases were a custom steel riser bar with a crossbar and a fillet brazed rigid fork.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just “upgraded” my Specialized Fuse Comp 27.5+ to 29er. New Bontrager Kovee Comp wheel set, Maxxis Minion DHF and Maxxis Dissector. My buddy told me I’ve got way too much tread and tire weight for our local trails, but oh well-I’ve also got plenty of traction, so there’s that.

Also got new brake pads and a GX derailleur.

I should be good to go for a while (hopefully).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thoughts on the change from 27.5+?

·
CEO Product Failure
1,790 Posts
Best upgrade this year: Domain Alloy Handlebar Endplugs. With me as a pilot, longer handlebars get knocked into inanimate objects more frequently than my handlebars from a decade back resulting in me loosing the typically plastic endplugs. Leaving the handlebar end exposed is risky. I've had these plugs installed with zero issues for almost a year. Love them.

·
No known cure
4,480 Posts
Best upgrade this year: Domain Alloy Handlebar Endplugs. With me as a pilot, longer handlebars get knocked into inanimate objects more frequently than my handlebars from a decade back resulting in me loosing the typically plastic endplugs. Leaving the handlebar end exposed is risky. I've had these plugs installed with zero issues for almost a year. Love them.

Cool! I lose the plastic ends all the time so I just ordered a couple pairs.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thoughts on the change from 27.5+?

It’s definitely faster rolling going straight and uphill, but I’m still getting used to leaning and turning the new setup. 27.5+ seemed more “forgiving,” while 29 seems to require more attention, but is more precise. I think I’ll end up liking the 29er setup better.

I can tell it’s faster on the straight sections because I’m riding a lot more in my top gear than I used to, and I’m spun out in some sections that I wasn’t before.

·
Registered
2019 Giant Trance 29 2 2021 Intense Tazer MX Expert
73 Posts
Custom wheelset with Factor Hubs laced to DT Swiss EX511 hoops and Hayes Dominion brakes for my Ebike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have gone silly on the current hardtail build. Limited color options with covid shortages and finding used deals so i"ll have a chrome frame with components of all colors. Pink pedals, blue and orange headset, purple seat clamp, orange brakes, blue rear hub. black stems for now. Also moved so build focus went from rowdy hardtail to more of an adventure rig so i got a trek 1120 fork and looking for a 29+ front wheel.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I’m going to buy a >>>COIL<<< Z1 or Fox 36 for my Honzo ESD next year. F$&@ these air forks, they all suck. ALL of them.

·
Registered
618 Posts
XTR shifter to replace broken XT shifter, figured I'd go ahead and upgrade since I was in the market for a new one.
Got a bonus at work today, so I'll be ordering a new wheelset as soon as I decide what rim/hub combo to go with.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts