Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
12,980 Posts
I just bought some Galfer floating rotors because...well just because. They do look sexy as hell, though. If a rotor can be considered sexy. I got some black titanium faceplate bolts for my i9 A35. The stem is black and has a lime green face and the stock silver bolts just didn't set well with me. Other than that, both of my bikes are pretty trick.
Photos, please.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Not upgrading anything but just having spare parts for when I might need them. Ordered an extra fork and carbon wheelset for one bike, and an extra shock for the other bike. Other than that just the usual wear and tear parts-chains, tires, brake pads etc.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
40,768 Posts
Not upgrading anything but just having spare parts for when I might need them. Ordered an extra fork and carbon wheelset for one bike, and an extra shock for the other bike. Other than that just the usual wear and tear parts-chains, tires, brake pads etc.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
What? You bought an “extra”.
Fork
Carbon wheelset
Shock
Those are extra parts?

·
high pivot witchcraft
4,974 Posts
What: We Are One D Package stem and bar, and We Are One Union/Hydra mullet wheelset.

Why: Why not? Plus it's a helluva lot cheaper than throwing down on the Arrival...

·
Evolutionsverlierer
2,458 Posts
“Fruity” lol
I think you mean “fancy” to be politically correct these days.

View attachment 1948017
Speak for yourself Sir because I feel extra fruity today and have no problem with it.😉

My latest fruitilicious or Fruitealicious depending one who you ask bike related investment was a pnw stem.

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
5,206 Posts
Just went ahead and did a reset and got a juicy new bike. Didn't want to drop 8k for a really fancy bike oozing juice, just picked up one of those Costco 951s for a juicy song.

Lots of juice for the squeeze. Though I'm likely going to cherry pick some parts from my old bike and upgrade it pretty quickly.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I just “upgraded” my Specialized Fuse Comp 27.5+ to 29er. New Bontrager Kovee Comp wheel set, Maxxis Minion DHF and Maxxis Dissector. My buddy told me I’ve got way too much tread and tire weight for our local trails, but oh well-I’ve also got plenty of traction, so there’s that.

Also got new brake pads and a GX derailleur.

I should be good to go for a while (hopefully).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Mr. Incognito
3,544 Posts
I just “upgraded” my Specialized Fuse Comp 27.5+ to 29er. New Bontrager Kovee Comp wheel set, Maxxis Minion DHF and Maxxis Dissector. My buddy told me I’ve got way too much tread and tire weight for our local trails, but oh well-I’ve also got plenty of traction, so there’s that.

I should be get to go for a while (hopefully).

Make sure you're keeping an eye out for those trouser snakes.

·
Evolutionsverlierer
2,458 Posts

I should be get to go for a while (hopefully).

Nice bike and the sign reminds me that we ran into 2 copperheads today.
First ones I have seen in a long time.
They did not really pay attention to us so I suspect they were taking care of some fruity business.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Used 780 carbon bars. Got one brand on sale, they were insanely stiff, some sort of hybrid model, returned, got some used 780 downhill bars and also too stiff, sold them and bought used enve m6 on ebay. Ahh. Seriously Perfect. Had no idea bars could be so different.

I knew the 710 were too narrow and now i cant believe i didnt do it sooner. So much more comfortable.

Unnecessary? Yes. fruity? Not to me.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
40,768 Posts
Speak for yourself Sir because I feel extra fruity today and have no problem with it.😉

My latest fruitilicious or Fruitealicious depending one who you ask bike related investment was a pnw stem.
Not that there is anything wrong with it.

Reactions: acer66

·
All fat, all the time.
9,672 Posts
Make sure you're keeping an eye out for those trouser snakes.
I made the trouser snake joke the other weekend at the lake. One of my friends kids(9 years old?) Heard my comments and asks his parents, "mom, what's a trouser snake?"

Lol i was in tears. Parents have me a dirty look.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 50 Posts