Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok team let's share the stoke of upgrading your bikes to more an more fruity parts.

I've ordered some btlos Mi 32A 32mm ID carbon wheels last week. Been wanting to carbon wheel up my Slayer for 2 years.

Oh yeah, I've got some new parts stoke.

What's your upgrade and why?

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
12,980 Posts
Saint brakes for the Canfield.
Winter wheelset for the Trek Rail.
Winter is coming.*
=sParty

*In this hemisphere.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Just ordered a full Microshift Advent X drivetrain, as I’m realizing right now the right move is to “order it if it’s in stock anywhere”.

Just going to stockpile it though. I’m planning a frame up build for next year, so that’s what it’s for (exact frame TBD).

Now I just need the other parts to come back in stock :p.

·
Registered
Mr. Incognito
3,544 Posts
I just put a set of Magura MT7s on my hardtail. Kind of wondering why it took me so damn long because they're incredible.

Edit: you may also need to explain what "fruity" means... Is that some kind of kiwi slang term?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yeah fruity here has more of a degrading meaning here.

Got a new set of wheels a few weeks ago, just switched to a 30t chainring battery a 32t, and now planning to upgrade man brakes to 200/180 instead of 180/160.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Carbon One highrise handlebar 35mm/800mm. On sale big time at Evo for $110.

There are good deals out there, just need patience and some price monitoring

·
Cycologist
8,691 Posts
I bought some new brake shoes, disk brake pads and a wheelset; need to buy a pair of tires.

The brake shoes were for the mini-Vees on my CX; looking forward to being able to actually stop when descending if I want to; they were that bad. Also just installed a new complete drivetrain that will give me a little lower (and higher) gearing.

Wheelset and tires are for my full suspension; its wheels, tires and drivetrain will be going on my currently 27.5+ 1x11 rigid, swapping drivetrains between the two. The rigid will be more of a gravel and hopefully commuter (mix of road and trail) thus getting the wider range drivetrain and 29s on my full fleet.

·
Cycologist
8,691 Posts
Your wife IS a honey do melon!

Oops, did I say that out loud? @Finch Platte made me do it -- ban him. :)
=sParty
Uh oh, I better hang a front derailleur around her neck to keep the Sparties away!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Rain shedding arm-warmers. You know, Winter is coming.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Wait Winter? My kid is being shipped off to college Monday - all bicycle budget is now being sunk into education (which is okay all bikes are functional - and I have a good stash of parts.

·
good time not long time
38 Posts
DT Swiss FR560/Industry Nine wheelset, Saint Brake sets, Schwalbe Big Betty/Magic Mary for the Trek Rail, also a POC Kortal MIPS helmet. Should be good to go for a while

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
My new Rocket Ron's have a red racing stripe going around them. Some have a blue racing stripe and some don't have a stripe at all. I have no idea what any of it means, but I got the red ones because everyone knows red is the fastest, right?

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
40,768 Posts
“Fruity” lol
I think you mean “fancy” to be politically correct these days.

Forehead Facial expression Human Mammal Font

·
Single Track Mind
879 Posts
I just bought some Galfer floating rotors because...well just because. They do look sexy as hell, though. If a rotor can be considered sexy. I got some black titanium faceplate bolts for my i9 A35. The stem is black and has a lime green face and the stock silver bolts just didn't set well with me. Other than that, both of my bikes are pretty trick.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts