Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Well Biked
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to get a Pike for my 5 Spot and since it will have a 20mm axel I will have to get at the least a new hub. My current hoops are nice but older King/ Mav 318's. I am thinking it might be good to get a whole new prebuilt wheel suited to heavy duty trail, but not much in the way of big drops or jumps. I am 180 and plan on pushing it a bit faster with the new fork. The breaks are Marta's- currently 160 mm, but may go to the 180 rotor in the future. Please advise!

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
scepticshock said:
I am about to get a Pike for my 5 Spot and since it will have a 20mm axel I will have to get at the least a new hub. My current hoops are nice but older King/ Mav 318's. I am thinking it might be good to get a whole new prebuilt wheel suited to heavy duty trail, but not much in the way of big drops or jumps. I am 180 and plan on pushing it a bit faster with the new fork. The breaks are Marta's- currently 160 mm, but may go to the 180 rotor in the future. Please advise!
The concencus advice that I got for my new 20mm wheel (for a Pike as well) was the DT 5.1 rim with a Hadley 20mm hub. Hadleys seem to be high quality but at a price break from Kings, so I opted for them over the Kings.

·
on a routine expedition
1,584 Posts
scepticshock said:
I used these on my spot with a pike. Worked great!

·
Hisforever
1,863 Posts
Hadleys are great,

I'm a firm believer and have a few sets to prove it.

Universal cycles has em cheap, try Larry first tho. he's pretty good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts