Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nomad and run a 2.1 Nevegal tubeless. I love the Nevegal but, they don't make it any bigger than the 2.1 in tubeless. I want a 2.35 or bigger up front and was wondering what you other SoCals are riding here. Thanx up front for any help!!!

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
I'm running a 2.5 Nevegal up front on a Mavic EX823. I just used a bit of Stans, and presto! It took a few rides for it to completely seal up, but it's an awesome tire!!!

·
Enjoying life
335 Posts
I'm also hooked up with Nevegals. 2.35/2.1. They are the regular DTC tires on cross-max rims with stans. They work perfect and I have not had a flat in over a year. That includes the Palm Springs cactus-fest last month.

·
Registered
695 Posts
DirkSSter said:
I run a Maxxis Ignitor 2.35 UST up front and have had good luck with it. It seems to hold a line pretty well in the loose/sandy/gravelly conditions.
Ditto, love em.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Schwalbe Fat Albert 2.35 UST (on Intense 6.6), it's heavy but the rolling resistance seems pretty good to me and the volume is great, a really fat tire that seems to roll over everything very well for me.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I've got the Schwalbe Big Betty on one bike. It's a pretty fat tire at 2.5, but looks slightly bigger and it's very light 880 grams. Works very well. On my other Turner 5 Spot I'm running a Specialized Chunker 2.5 which looks to be a 2.7 and I am very impressed with this tire for most conditions around here. This tire works very well with Stans. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

·
Team Hardcore Cornbread
525 Posts
I run the Ignitor 2.35 UST and love it. It is time for some new rubber but I am having trouble finding one to replace. Does anyone know where I can pick one up in Orange County? I have already tried several shops including a trip to Jenson on the way back from Vegas last week and no luck. Anyone recently buy one?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Phishin Paul said:
I run the Ignitor 2.35 UST and love it. It is time for some new rubber but I am having trouble finding one to replace. Does anyone know where I can pick one up in Orange County? I have already tried several shops including a trip to Jenson on the way back from Vegas last week and no luck. Anyone recently buy one?
I picked one up at The Path a few weeks ago. They had 2-3 in stock at that time. Might be worth a shot to give them a call.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
switchblade said:
I have a Nomad and run a 2.1 Nevegal tubeless. I love the Nevegal but, they don't make it any bigger than the 2.1 in tubeless.
This info won't help either of us right now, but I contacted Kenda yesterday about larger volume UST tires and they're working on a 2.35 Nevegal UST for release by I-Bike in September.:thumbsup:

switchblade said:
I want a 2.35 or bigger up front and was wondering what you other SoCals are riding here. Thanx up front for any help!!!
I'm going to try the Maxxis Ignitor 2.35 (2 left instock at the Path), but as I found out tonight it is marginally smaller than the either the Nev or BG UST. In fact it looks pretty anemic next to a tubed Nev 2.35. Needless to say I was a bit irritated to see this, especially since the Maxxis costs more than the Kenda's, but I'll try it.

·
Team Hardcore Cornbread
525 Posts
I don't think you will be dissappointed with the Ignitor. I have run both the Nevegal and the Ignitor and have been more pleased with the way the Ignitor hooks up on SoCal trails. Also, they are a bit more pricey but you will find they will last longer than the Nevegal. Seems like the life line on the Nevegal is close to 3 months max. I just put a new Ignitor on after 1 year of heavy ridding only because I thought I was pressing my luck. Best of luck to you.

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
Tioga Yellow Kirin 2.35

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.