Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to get a Trek 4300 that is only a month old for a good price. I am 6' and it is a 19.5" frame. Is this frame size okay for me or do I need something smaller. I have not really had a chance to go test out many yet.

·
CB
48 Posts
Sounds just right.....

3fitty said:
I have the chance to get a Trek 4300 that is only a month old for a good price. I am 6' and it is a 19.5" frame. Is this frame size okay for me or do I need something smaller. I have not really had a chance to go test out many yet.
I have a 4900 with the 19.5 frame and I am 6'1". The bike fits nice. You may just need some minor adjustments such as the seat height.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
In Trek sizing, I'm supposed to ride a medium (17.5), but I feel most comfortable on a large (19.5).
I run a short stem, and the large fits nicely. On a medium, I run a slightly longer stem than stock, and have the seat slid all the way back, and it still feels a little small.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Same deal here

funboarder1971 said:
In Trek sizing, I'm supposed to ride a medium (17.5), but I feel most comfortable on a large (19.5).
I run a short stem, and the large fits nicely. On a medium, I run a slightly longer stem than stock, and have the seat slid all the way back, and it still feels a little small.
My LBS tried in vain to get me on an 17.5", my old 18" 4300 felt just too small. I bought the 19" fuel90 thinking I could get shorter stem if need be, but need be not! I do pretty well in local racing running stock setup...
Ride what feels right though, it all depends on yer riding style- I wouldn't want to do any tricks/ jumps on the 19"...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.