Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This place is too divided. For the past year my Pugsley has been set up half fat with a 27.5x2.5 in the rear and 26 x 4 in the front. I get the stability and braking of the fat front. The acceleration is way better with the narrower tire in the back.

·
turtles make me hot
11,555 Posts
I do that as well. I sometimes run 29+ on the rear and 26x4.8 up front. love it.

·
Rippin da fAt
9,220 Posts
This place is too divided. For the past year my Pugsley has been set up half fat with a 27.5x2.5 in the rear and 26 x 4 in the front. I get the stability and braking of the fat front. The acceleration is way better with the narrower tire in the back.
You are doing just fine. Either fat or plus and good to go.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
37,060 Posts
Half of the time, you are allowed in the fat-bike forum.

·
Rippin da fAt
9,220 Posts
Haha. I'm still 4.6/4.8 for winter, but dropped to a 2.8 up front, 3 rear for the first time in a long time. That's as narrow as I go ;)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
And I was thinking that the Mayor and Sarge were going to haul you into their office... :whistle:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OP, What rim are you able to run a 2.5" tire on a Pugs?
A take off that was in the back room of my local shop. He thought it may have came off a Salsa Timberjack, we were lucky enough to be able to dish it over for the offset. I don't keep up with the details, all my bikes are old.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts