Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,
I am looking into buying a new fork for my ride. I want to get into more DH racing, but my current fork just doesn't make the cut. I currently ride a Haro X2, which has been working out pretty good for me, but I want to get a dual crown fork up front. Any suggestions on forks, or would I be better off buying a completely new set up? I would really like to keep my same bike if possible. Thanks for your help!
-Martin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shibby said:
What year is your bike, what is the current fork, and what is your budget?
My bike is a 2002, and it currently has a marzocchi EXR comp on the front. (yes, I know, its sad.) My budget is about 500 dollars, and I wouldn't mind buying a used fork if I could get a nice one. Thanks for your reply.
-Martin

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
You can try a o3 or o4 Marzocchi Junior T. It's a cheap and reliable DC. You can get one used for less than 300 on eBay. 7 inches of travel, supar stiff. Adjustable rebound. *shrug* It's a nice entry level DC. If you can find a deal, I really like the Manitou Sherman Sliders. The Stance Kingpin (or whatever the hell it's called) is alright, but I'm not real fond of it. It might just be that I was riding one when it was brand new and hadn't been broken in yet. If you can find a good deal on a o3 or newer Super T, that's also a great fork. Boxxers suck, stay away from those. Plastic internals that blow to bits on hard impacts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.