Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Meta 5.5 with the bomber now i want to replace but just not sure what to go with.....everyone says Pike, but not sure i can fork out that kind of loot for one...

Id like something with a 20 mm TA but without all the adj. of the pike.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
I ran a Pike and also tried a Fox 36 float with travel reduced to 150mm. The performance of that frame deserves a quality fork. What else would you consider?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,599 Posts
I'm using a Fox Float 140 qr15. I was riding a Meta 6 with a Fox Van36 last year. The Float suits the Meta 5 very nicely. I'm sure a Pike or Revelation would as well.
 

·
Fragilie
Joined
·
866 Posts
1st29er said:
I have an 08 Meta 5.5 with the bomber now i want to replace but just not sure what to go with.....everyone says Pike, but not sure i can fork out that kind of loot for one...

Id like something with a 20 mm TA but without all the adj. of the pike.
I have a little used Pike I'll sell you for $250.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
brocelif said:
I ran a Pike and also tried a Fox 36 float with travel reduced to 150mm. The performance of that frame deserves a quality fork. What else would you consider?
The thing is im 240lbs (also reason i wanna go with bigger TA), so it would more likely have to be an air shock, although i think RS has a xtra firm spring that might work.

How did you like the Pike? versus the Fox 36? Could u tell the diff between the 20mm TA and the 15QR?

What do you think about the Domain for this bike?

Lastly how does the 150 mm feel, wonder if i would have problems with the frame later?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
1st29er said:
The thing is im 240lbs (also reason i wanna go with bigger TA), so it would more likely have to be an air shock, although i think RS has a xtra firm spring that might work.

How did you like the Pike? versus the Fox 36? Could u tell the diff between the 20mm TA and the 15QR?

What do you think about the Domain for this bike?

Lastly how does the 150 mm feel, wonder if i would have problems with the frame later?
20TA and 15QR both are running thru axle type same stiff but 15mm lighter....interm of weight...so far i'm running Fox Float 140mm 15mm qr with float rp23 on rear shock i would say is perfectly pair up....imo...

36 float would be good choice as well....reduce the travel to 150mm which is the max of the meta 5.....160 will void the warranty for the frame....

never run pike before so can't comment on that...
 

·
Living the High Life
Joined
·
4,542 Posts
I have a Float 36 dropped to 150mm on my Meta 6. Feels great, I'm a bigger guy at 6'1" and 205 pounds. I race DH and wanted a stiff confident fork for my XC bike so I felt the 36 was the way to go.

Its not just the axle that makes a stiffer fork. The 36 mm stanchions are a big difference as well.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top