Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Team Captain
1,322 Posts
bighitboy said:
mmmm, wait a few months and get the new fox DH fork. If u cant wait, then go for a Dorado, they r selln em pretty cheap now, i think i saw 2003 Dorados, goin for like a grand. the 888 is too tall if u like to pedal up hill any, the slider plus is also a good fork, but i dont like spv up front, it feels dead, and i dont think it makes a huge difference in pedaling, just my opinion, i like a fork to absorb everylittle bump, i dont wanna feel stutters, just so i can go up hill slightly faster. maybe that 3.5 headtube standard is a good idea ;)

wait, you reccomended the Dorado, but not the Slider because it runs on SPV. Isn't the Dorado SPV'd?

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
take it easy...

smelly said:
that's a pretty retarded statement.... :rolleyes:
are dorados only supposed to go on bikes that cost over 2500? 1800 isn't enough?
I'm retarded.

some people are just so insensitive, especially when retards are involved.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sir If you can get the Dorado then that would probably be the best choice out of all of them, regardless of what sort of riding you do. I have a dorado 04 MRD and I love it, it feels alot smoother than my friends 888r, in regards to configuring so much you can do with the fork. I think in the MrD you can get a SPV cartridge kit for it, Not sure though I heard some one say somthing about it.

·
Perpetrator of Lawsuits
393 Posts
zedro said:
but seriously, i think what he needs is the 4ork, the 4 legged fork. It requires the new 3.5 steerer standard though.....
Zedro,

Actually, that design is called the dual-fork, more commonly known in industry circles as the dork.

Additionally, while the spork might be a good choice for DH only, they are simply too bulky for a VP-Free that is going to go up as well as down. My recommendation would be a shrimp fork--very nimble and light. The heaviest I would go is perhaps a salad fork, and a desert fork is in reality probaply more than adequate.

I'm surprised--and somewhat dissapointed--that you didn't already know this. I thought you were supposed to know something about bike design :rolleyes:

Oh, and to the guy who's actually building the VP-Free: For what it's worth, I have an 888 and I love it.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
.WestCoastHucker. said:
the spider dorado..... and it even has a padded steering wheel....
pffff thats not nearly expensive enough for me to sit on :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
ScaryJerry said:
wait, you reccomended the Dorado, but not the Slider because it runs on SPV. Isn't the Dorado SPV'd?

Notice how I suggested the 2003 Dorado which is far cheaper than a new 1. If i am correct, idk so dont hold me to this, i think Manitou makes the X-works 8inch 1, and also the orignal 7 inch with the TPC+. ???idk, i am pretty sure, if u r goin to buy a new dorado, as 2004 or newer, it is goin to be alot of $$$. I saw 2003's goin brandnew for 1095. thats a good deal on a good fork

21 - 31 of 31 Posts