Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here is the deal I got to pick a fork from this giant list of forks.

In order of current idea of what to pick
1.888R 200m
2.sherman slider+
3.Dorado DH
4.White bro dh 1.8
5.White bro dh 2.0.

I climb up To go down, i Dh some mild terrain, I drop wide variety (5ft-15ft+), I also urban ride.

SOUND DUMB WELL ITS WHAT I DO.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can't belive it i post at 12 midnight and get a reply seconds later not to helpful, but at least quick and humorous

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Thats what you get on mtbr. If you want an extremely well thought up abstract with citation and everything, go to ridemonkey. ;)

....You cant go wrong either way. I personally would go for the WhiteBrothers cuz they're pretty cool and arent so popular, as long as it was available. But if not then I'd go 888, well wait, if you're gonna be climbing up then you might want to get the Slider+ since it has SPV and will be a lot more stable on climbs.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
if you can afford the dorado then i think u need a more expensive bike...

anyway a dorado would be my first then the whirbros and then the 888r with the dirct moutn stem and fender...

if u got it in polished with the white bros it would look sick...:D

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
but seriously, i think what he needs is the 4ork, the 4 legged fork. It requires the new 3.5 steerer standard though.....

Attachments

·
Team Captain
1,322 Posts
my spork reccomendations would steer you away from the 888. it's way to long to get effective leverage while trying to climb up mashed potato hills. it'll also rake out the headtube angle of your hand while eating. i'm going crazy.........

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
mmmm, wait a few months and get the new fox DH fork. If u cant wait, then go for a Dorado, they r selln em pretty cheap now, i think i saw 2003 Dorados, goin for like a grand. the 888 is too tall if u like to pedal up hill any, the slider plus is also a good fork, but i dont like spv up front, it feels dead, and i dont think it makes a huge difference in pedaling, just my opinion, i like a fork to absorb everylittle bump, i dont wanna feel stutters, just so i can go up hill slightly faster. maybe that 3.5 headtube standard is a good idea ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
satancruz66 said:
its a black ano vpp-free
Well I like my 888r and I am transferring it from my Bullit to my new VP-Free. I have the 7 inch version though.
If I Went 8", I Would probably go with aftermarket crowns from what everybody is talking about regarding height issues. 2005 Marz stuff rolls out in September. Maybe they have new crowns for the 888. You can also look into the 888 "Works" for around $1400 which consists of 2005 fork valving, along with the fork being custom set-up to your weight, riding style, typical terrain, etc...

Here is some info on the "Works":

http://www.works888.com/forkroom/specifications.cfm

·
Registered
827 Posts
BJ- said:
if you can afford the dorado then i think u need a more expensive bike...
that's a pretty retarded statement.... :rolleyes:
are dorados only supposed to go on bikes that cost over 2500? 1800 isn't enough?

·
Doesnt ride Banshees
1,406 Posts
I love my 888 so far, my riding style is much like yours, i ride up to come down, ride dh, drop a ton, urban, and when i feel like having a good time i ride alittle xc for laughs. Mines on a scream and when your off the bike yes, it does seems very raked out, when your on the bike and riding it the sag evens the bike out and you dont even notice it. Maybe im not picky enough to notice it but the tallness of the fork doesnt seem to make any noticeable difference from when i had my 01 monster t. Its a soft fork tho, you'd probably be happier with a fork such as the manitou slider or dorado mrd x works since they both have spv, i can testify that it does work very well, spv's pretty cool stuff.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts