Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 05 Bianchi SISS that's got a rigid fork. Since I'm too weak to handle the rigid, what fork would be best on a bike like this? 80 or 100? I hear all this stuff about "suspension corrected," and don't really know what they're talking about. Would putting a fork on the bike just absolutely ruin the geometry? I'm thinking an 80 would be better. Any other input out there? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
notenoughtime said:
I've got an 05 Bianchi SISS that's got a rigid fork. Since I'm too weak to handle the rigid, what fork would be best on a bike like this? 80 or 100? I hear all this stuff about "suspension corrected," and don't really know what they're talking about. Would putting a fork on the bike just absolutely ruin the geometry? I'm thinking an 80 would be better. Any other input out there? Thanks.
I run a 105 Marz. MX Pro (would sell cheap, just went rigid) but actually I do think 80 would be better. The Suspension Corrected stuff I don't really understand either, but I do know on that bike I don't feel much different if any. The reason I say 80 over 100 is that if you have been running rigid then I just don't think you need the extra travel and also it will change the bike up but like I said I don't notice. I am going rigid only because I had a custom cruizer made and am finally at a place where I can handle the rigid fork. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.