1,189 Posts

·
Purveyor of Trail Tales!
1,189 Posts
crisillo said:
which of the inserts did you try?

I have a couple of those and couldn't get any f the inserts to fit well
Hi,

It's been a while since I installed them so I don't have a concrete memory. That said I believe it was the smallest of the three. It's also worth mentioning that when I bought this fender several years ago it only had two inserts and I had to wrap some tape around the smallest insert for a custom fit. However, the last fender I put on my wife's bike came with 3 inserts and one of them fit perfectly.

Good luck,

Michael:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
michaelsnead said:
Hi,

It's been a while since I installed them so I don't have a concrete memory. That said I believe it was the smallest of the three. It's also worth mentioning that when I bought this fender several years ago it only had two inserts and I had to wrap some tape around the smallest insert for a custom fit. However, the last fender I put on my wife's bike came with 3 inserts and one of them fit perfectly.

Good luck,

Michael:thumbsup:
Thanks Michael...I'll give it another try soon...

·
Registered
412 Posts
You can also get a THE fender and get rid of the rubber tube they provide, replacing it with some easily located rubber hosing of apropriate size (gardening or pet stores) or an appropriately cut and rolled up piece of inner tube...preferably of the reinforced kind so it wont be so twitchy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.