Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Fathers Day mission was going to be Tollroad to CheckDam for my 11 year old sons first taste of some DH riding. We started out on Tollroad trailand which unfortunately had tons of Dead and Down, lots of hike a bike and a heck of a workout for a kid pushing a 38lb bike around.

We managed to finish the Toll Road into the bottom of the Pioneer Pass Drainage and did a Hike-A-Bike up a 1/2 mile of the Una-De-Oso Trail to Pioneer Pass Road FDR112, I think my son was ready to call it quits with MTB after Dad dragged him on throught that. We then followed 112 down to the beginning of CheckDam and the rest of the ride paid off.

From there it was all Downhill...

Pic 1: Pre Ride
Pic 2: Top of Hike A Bike at Una-De-Oso
Pic 3: Upper Check Dam

Attachments

·
Elitest thrill junkie
41,015 Posts
Cool, I love some of the sections on Tollroad, I also love taking Squaw Springs as well, then down to Tollroad. Sounds cool to go out and do that with your kid.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tollroad

Tollroad trail was a real mess. We could only ride for afew hundred yards and then had to climb around, over, or under a downfall tree. I'm going to call our FS Recreation people up there to see what I can do about getting them to do some tree removal on Tollroad. This may be another trail that could use some Fall Season maintenance by volunteers.

·
Registered
227 Posts
BiGWaVeDave said:
Tollroad trail was a real mess. We could only ride for afew hundred yards and then had to climb around, over, or under a downfall tree. I'm going to call our FS Recreation people up there to see what I can do about getting them to do some tree removal on Tollroad. This may be another trail that could use some Fall Season maintenance by volunteers.
Hey Dave you young un is a ripper. I have never been down Toll Road. Is it similar to Ice House? I hear Ice house is fairly clear, so when you get the TR clear, we can put together a trail day and maybe even an organized shuttle session. Would it be an all day deal to clean it up?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.