Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what emitter the Dinotte 200L uses? Is there a newer/brighter emitter that would be a worthwhile upgrade which would be compatible with the existing driver?

Thanks,

Skooks.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
If the 200L uses the K2, why couldn't you swap with something like an SSC P4? From what I've seen the SSC and Luxeon are nearly identical in size. Note, I'm not talking about the multi-die P7, just the P4.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The P4 would be the easiest upgrade.
Pretty much a straight swap, unless you want to shim it a bit to make up for the slight height difference.

I've done the swap on my Niterider Minewt and love the difference.

·
Registered
408 Posts
czarny_kruk said:
Dinotte use SSC P4 in the all lights they produce currently.
Where's this info from? If it's true can you tell me what optics module they use for the 600L? Maybe my eyes were cheating on me.

btw. upgrading a Luxeon K2 (which is _not_ a Luxeon III/V like in the first generation Minewt and almost all older lights!) to any single-die LED (be it SSC or Cree) shouldn't be that much of an upgrade in terms of light output - a warmer color would be nice though. Cool white tint K2s are maxed out at 200 lumens (at 1A) _minimum_ - according to manufacturer spec. The XP-E R3 (the current max bin AFAIK) from Cree can do 122 lumens, but that is at 350mA, couldn't find official data @1A, but it's around 270-300 lumens.
Then you have to think about the optics to use (the stock may not be good even if the size fits - different LEDs may have different radiation angles), if the driver's gonna work or not, etc. It bloody hell worths it if it is an upgrade to a P7/MC-E, but for a Q5/R2? I'm not sure... unless you're a determined DIY type of course...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.