Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Looks funny

Those decals are stock and I don't believe that Salsa sells those aftermarket. Could be a bad pic, photoshop, or a one off. Whatever it is, it's still a Dos Niner, and that be a good thing! :thumbsup:

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
It's sacrilege, I tell you! Repainting a Dos. Who would do such a thing??

:cool:

I prefer a less-busy version, myself. But I admire the originality.

·
Daddy of 3 now!
261 Posts
It looks like it was taken without a flash. The other picture to the right came out much better. Kinda like the Tomatilla Green El Mariachi looks white on their website.

·
Gold Member
Wrecker V2 / Nimble9
1,197 Posts
Interesting color. I'm looking at my wife's orange right now and can tell you that the Salsa lettering doesn't stick out that well in poor lighting, if anything you need lots of light to see it well, yet the headtube looks to be identical in color to what is along side me, so maybe someone did make a 1 off.

Here is the link to our Dos in 3 different light settings and nothing is close to that yellow.
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=328863

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looks like a photoshop to me. Find your sdt Orange peelz frame then take +15% on the Hue slider for the Master channel (under Hue/Saturation) and they look very similar to me. Sorry I would post this but dont have upload site for now.

Operator error or intentional....but it most likely is a color tweak in software :bluefrown:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Def. just a bad pict of the factory paint. The pict doesn't do the pain job justice for sure! Looks like the upped the contrast or just a bad pict.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
That starting bid is entirely too high. I've been seeing a lot of frames going used on ebay for %70+ of their retail value. That just blows me away. I can't imagine why anyone would pay more than %50 retail for a frame that no longer carries a warranty and you have no idea how it was used.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts