Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,694 Posts
I’ll start. I have a two month old Canyon Spectral 29, I’ve put on 500 miles so far, many more to come!
That’s some impressive mileage right there. Nice work.

Im on a 2018 Kona Process 153 29er. And I don’t get out nearly as often as you. I think I’ve got 500ish miles since March of last year (when I started using Trailforks for tracking).

Just last week I serviced the shock, fork and pedals. It probably needs new pivot bearings after this next winter.

But the more interesting failure I had the other day, was my NX 11 speed derailleur completely lost tension while out on a ride. I was able to fix it when I got home though. Just had to take the lower arm and jockey wheels off, and then re tension the spring(basically had to wind it one revolution), and then reassemble.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
My top fuel (purchased july of 2020) has 2,372 miles
My road bike (purchased september 2019) has 4,600 miles
My air9 RDO (purchased july 2019) has 2,500 miles
Trainer (purchased december 2019) thinks it has 2,000 miles
 

·
Registered
Keep things simple
Joined
·
491 Posts
I can only guess. I’m thinking lifetime of my bike. Computer replacement, not being obsessed with total mileage. Glad my bike is not like a vehicle that uses mileage for maintenance triggers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Just a fun discussion question; how many miles does your current bike have? What interesting maintenance have you done?
I picked up a 1st Gen Green Surly Krampus in 2016. Installed a carbon rigid fork and made a mullet out of it with 27.5 in the rear; great setup. Since it is rigid, not much maintenance. To date, I have put 19,800 miles on it; about 40% of that is singletrack riding. The other 60% is riding to and from the singletrack trails.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
620 Posts
2019 Specialized Fuse Comp. I bought it used last year. I've ridden it 6,481 miles. I've replaced a lot of parts--cranks, chainring, cassette, bottom bracket, pedals, chain, brake pads, wheels, tires, derailleur, grips.

Brakes/levers, shifter, bars, saddle, dropper, stem and fork are still original.
 

·
psycho cyclo addict
Joined
·
3,439 Posts
Soma Wolverine (gravel 700c/29er knobbies on it most of the time): 4,802 miles
Chris King Cielo (rigid SS 29er): 3,022
Scott Spark 930 (FS 29er): 2,577
Twin Six FSU-25 (rigid SS 29er): 1,243
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top