Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, it's bike right ? It might be your pride and joy, you might have blinged it and spent megabucks on it or it might be an old clunker. Point is, however much you love it, if you don't ride it it's soul dies, right ?

ziegi

·
Registered
341 Posts
biking = living
living = not being stagnant
not being stagnant = not being (spiritually/emotinally) dead

each of my bikes are an extension of me, including my motorcycle

·
~I Ride In Circles ~
1,629 Posts
I love my bike.. I like that it's something I take care of and if it doesn't work it's my fault and no one elses. It's something I'm in control of without help from others. My bike is customized by me and I've choosen many of the upgrades and parts. It's a piece of individuality for me. I love talking bike to someone and discussing parts and why you picked one thing over another. I love the feeling of accomplishment when I ride.. if it were just any bike I don't think I'd feel like that.

·
Registered
312 Posts
When I look at my bike, I think freedom. Freedom from the clutches society has latched around me. I get to escape to the woods with no cars around. Just the noises of nature.

-Rob

·
Registered
310 Posts
Agreed

Mynamesrob said:
When I look at my bike, I think freedom. Freedom from the clutches society has latched around me. I get to escape to the woods with no cars around. Just the noises of nature.

-Rob
When I'm on my bike I don't think about anything else. Its my time to get away and just enjoy life.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
I owe my life to my bike.

A mountain bike literally saved my life.

If I had not been riding and trying to improve my climbing and fitness, I would not be alive and riding today! The story was posted on MTBR, and is in my signature. Here is the link.

·
2,548 Posts
ziegi said:
I mean, it's bike right ? It might be your pride and joy, you might have blinged it and spent megabucks on it or it might be an old clunker. Point is, however much you love it, if you don't ride it it's soul dies, right ?

ziegi
My bike means an awful lot to me.......due to a recurring medical condition, at times I'm restricted from driving, SOOOOO ..... not only is my bike fun (mtbing) but I slap slicks on it and commute to work every day, lately - gotta help put food on the table and $$$ in the bank, eh ?? ;).

·
Who's riding today?
1,434 Posts
Mynamesrob said:

-Rob
And the CrAzY sounds spewing from my iPod.....

Biking is a form of relaxation (ironic I know)....... Oh no, rain in San Diego predicted.....:p

Chip

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
ziegi said:

ziegi
Yeah, i'm on of those "weirdos" that believes inanimate objects have a soul. I have two frames sitting beside me now, looking at me with a shamed look, wondering "what happened? why? was it me?" and, well, it kinda hurts.

I don't dare tell them they might get sold. :nono: I'll just wear ear plugs as I bring out the shipping boxes to silence the cries ..... if I can bring myself to it.

The irony - too many bikes = too much $$$. Too many women = too much $$$. :skep: And people wonder why i'm single! :rolleyes:

Other than that - right now someone could steal either of my cars and I wouldn't care much. If someone stole ANY of my bikes (even just a frame!) and I caught them ..... i'd hope there's internet in jail, 'cuz surely there isn't biking allowed.

·
Pin it!
78 Posts
What my bike means to me?
Hmm this kinda feels like a spiritual meaning seminar............but seriously it means taking the book of rules and burning in front of the society that tries to mold you into something that they think is right. Other then that, it’s all about never growing up and having the right to be a kid, get dirty, get muddy, maybe skin your knees and have a blast for an hour or two.:cornut:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow... Alot

My bike to me is my mentor. Its my personal trainer. Its that little voice in my ear. Its my Psychiatrist. Its my escape from this world, and its my one way ticket back. Its alot to me...
Its what I want to be when I grow up!

ot

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well I definately don't think about anything else when I am on my bike. I think every bike has it's own story whatever that may be. It's own character and personality. And when I am not on my bike the only think I think of is getting on my bike.

·
over 50 years of cycling
533 Posts
Blue face paint optional

They can stuff me in a cubicle, but they can't take away my cycling!!!!:thumbsup:

My biking keeps my sanity....whatever scrap of it is left.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My wife says I take better care of my bike than my truck...not true, I recently treated my truck to some new bling...A beautiful, black powder coat, easy on/off 2 bike rack...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.