Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping someone can answer my question. I just brought a Ritchey WCS V3 mountain (25.4mm) stem in 110mm. I am pretty certain it is a V3 since it has the new coloured graphics. However on the scale it weigh 145g! As far as my research goes I thought they are suppose to be pretty close to their claimed weight of ~110g.

Could it be a V2 with V3 graphics?

Cheers
Wayne

·
Registered
98 Posts
as far as i know, the newer (lighter) wcs stems have no single face plate but two separated ones just like the syntace f99. what's yours like`?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think only the OS version (ie 31.8mm) has the split...

handle bar crimp. Mine is a 25.4mm version and the body of the stem (ie minus the face place) is the same weight as my old PRO stem. Also I think the V3 is suppose to have the colour graphics.

I sent an email to the place I brought the stem from and they have no explanation. And since these people have had the WCS V3 stem advertised on their web site for a long time, they may have the early production version where the actually body is the V2.

Maybe I should just get a F99 but I really want a 110mm and the F99 only comes in 105mm.

·
Registered
98 Posts
WOY said:
handle bar crimp. Mine is a 25.4mm version and the body of the stem (ie minus the face place) is the same weight as my old PRO stem. Also I think the V3 is suppose to have the colour graphics.

I sent an email to the place I brought the stem from and they have no explanation. And since these people have had the WCS V3 stem advertised on their web site for a long time, they may have the early production version where the actually body is the V2.

Maybe I should just get a F99 but I really want a 110mm and the F99 only comes in 105mm.
5mm will make a huuuuuuuuuge difference! but that aside, you might get your stem changed for another one, for such a thing as weight being an essential criterion in buying bike components and thus 145g instead of advertised 110orwhatsoeverg being an flaw, something one could and should claim (mabe it doesn't need more than a phonecall; and allways be nice ;) )...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts