Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
2 broken discos

The Disco rides great, some of the smoothest travel ever. But I have broken two frames in about 4 months. the first one had the rear triangle snap and a crack in the headtube downtube juction. the second one is also cracked in the same place. karpiel is not out of buesness, but the shop will be shut down for a while, Jan cut off hius finger. If you are not going huge these are good bikes. I was hitting 50 foot doubles and 20 plus foot drops on mine so maybe that's why they broke. Also the warrenty sucks, there isn't really one.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Here Is A Deal????

How old are you and where do you live? I live in Central CA and have ridden DH for about 5yrs. I have ridden w/ Richard Lancaster and a few of his friends in SB. Well they waited for me. But the point is his friend Travis was on Richards TAZER a 3-4" ride and smoked my ass. It may be because he never breaks. I've seen Richard ride FACE on this same slalom bike. I walked and threw my DH bike down the cliff. If you live in CA I will show you my girlfriends bike, it is on mtbr right now. It is a 2001 FSR Team DH size small. The frame is BRAND NEW ridden about 10 times. I could sell you almost a whole bike for that. Let me know and hardtails are okay, take em to the trails and learn to jump.

J

·
0 Posts
Yes dude, hardtails are okay..

Man, i just dont Understand how you dont like hardtails...
what is so bad about them?
I wanted a big ds horse too, but i didnt have the money, and i gotta hardtail, and man am i glad to have got it.
dont buy a used ds that you have not an idea of what condition its in, get a new hardtail.
Im sure you wont regret doing it..

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Any bike will work.

oreo321321 said:
What does everyone think about the 2002 Karpiel Disco Valante?
Hey you need to figure out what type of riding is in your area. I have ridden with guys on 3" slalom bikes that dusted me on my 7" DH bike down TUNNEL in SB. Get a hardtail to do jumps, and by the way you can get a complete 20" DK for about 350 new. If you want a DH bike I am selling my girlfriends look at mtbr, it is a 2001 FSR TEAM DH. It is a size small. I am selling almost a complete bike. I have parts to make it complete I think. Let me know, the bike excluding the fork has about 15 rides on it we have owned the frame about a year.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts