Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
My hardtail is gonna be like 25lbs when its done.

Seriously just get a fvckin hardtail for the type of riding you're doing there's no point getting anything else.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
oreo321321 said:
lol, I know im a pain in the butt.

The ONLY way I would EVER get a hardtail is that it would have to be extremely light, im talking like 20- 25 pounds. Seriuosly, everyone lay off the hardtaiIs, I have ridden hardtails before, I dont like them.
uhhh...theres no way you can build a durable bike at 20lbs. You really need a reality check.

whatever, i stopped caring....

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
zedro said:
uhhh...theres no way you can build a durable bike at 20lbs. You really need a reality check.

whatever, i stopped caring....
seriously. its getting annoying.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
006_007 said:
Cant Zedro use his supermoderator powers and put this thread out of its misery.We already have another thread for comic relief in WCH border fiasco.......
naw, we'll use this thread as an example. And shall analogous threads emerge, i'll simply merge them into this hopless heap of useless bytes....

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
zedro said:
naw, we'll use this thread as an example. And shall analogous threads emerge, i'll simply merge them into this hopless heap of useless bytes....
An interesting concept, all of oreo, yeswayjay, and a retro board favorite of mine waspinator all rolled into one glorious thread.

*shudder* just thinking about it.....

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
that's what I'n saying, I cant get a hardtail taht is really light, so I dont want one, that is the only way I will get a hardtail, its ruled out.

And if you don't like me posting stuff, go to someother thread, your not required to read my posts and respond, let people that want to reply to me do so, and don't interfer, I know I am getting annoying, but so are you posting that in a thread that has nothing to do with whining. If you dont want to respond, Don't.

·
Absurd
919 Posts
oreo321321 said:
lol, I know im a pain in the butt.

The ONLY way I would EVER get a hardtail is that it would have to be extremely light, im talking like 20- 25 pounds. Seriuosly, everyone lay off the hardtaiIs, I have ridden hardtails before, I dont like them.
:confused:

Used Karpiel, condition unknown, seller unknown, history unknown and (not to be a dick) but probably alot more bike than you'll be able to man up to for a while, if it's your first fs ride=$1000.00.

OR
http://www.supergo.com/search_results.cfm?lmfg_id=259

brand new Iron horse, yours from the very begining, your damage to do, your stories to tell. ~$1000-$2000. your pick.

I'd save my pennies for a little for just a little while longer if I were you and do it the right way from the start.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Ya know, if you guys stopped feeding him he'd probably die on his own. Maybe you secretly like his repetitive stream of questioning? :rolleyes: Anyone trying to give him legit advice, just give up. He's not reading it (I think his attention span collapses if you post more than one line). He doesn't care or want to learn why a hardtail would be good for him, what the wear and tear on thrashed bikes will mean (he only sees cool model names and specs), and why big jumps to flat are retarded. Just suggest the next bike he brings up as the perfect bike for him, let him buy it, and find out for himself. I mean the guy already says he probably won't be into riding for long anyway. Just let him buy his pinkbike special, break his a$$ (and whatever ragged out 2001 dual-crowned disaster he finally pulls the trigger on) doing 10 ft drops to flat and let him move on to rollerblading, miniature golf, or whatever strikes his fancy next week....

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
marsb said:
Ya know, if you guys stopped feeding him he'd probably die on his own. Maybe you secretly like his repetitive stream of questioning? :rolleyes: Anyone trying to give him legit advice, just give up. He's not reading it (I think his attention span collapses if you post more than one line). He doesn't care or want to learn why a hardtail would be good for him, what the wear and tear on thrashed bikes will mean (he only sees cool model names and specs), and why big jumps to flat are retarded. Just suggest the next bike he brings up as the perfect bike for him, let him buy it, and find out for himself. I mean the guy already says he probably won't be into riding for long anyway. Just let him buy his pinkbike special, break his a$$ (and whatever ragged out 2001 dual-crowned disaster he finally pulls the trigger on) doing 10 ft drops to flat and let him move on to rollerblading, miniature golf, or whatever strikes his fancy next week....
Can you recommend a good miniature golf club that I can get used for less then $12.71(canadian)?

·
Registered
629 Posts
oreo321321 said:
that's what I'n saying, I cant get a hardtail taht is really light, so I dont want one, that is the only way I will get a hardtail, its ruled out.
So your saying its between a $1000 Karpiel, a SC Super 8, an Intense M1 (all of which way 40-50 pounds i think) and a 20 pound hardtail for a new biker. Wow. You need to get your priorities straight. A 20 pound hardtail would last like 25 minutes on the trail, and the FS bikes would kill you anywhere but downhill. If you want a hucking hardtail, get a banshee. If you want a light hardtail, get a Planet X, if you want a hucking FS bike, get a stinky primo, if you want a light FS bike, get a K2 Tirade.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Wow dude....you seriously are A true IDIOT. If I cant have a 20pound hardtail that I can freeride on, im not getting one. But, if I can get a single ring 40+pound Fullsuspension to ride urban....im sure gunna do that! Now, which one of these sketchy offers sounds the best?

Ive finally figured you out. You belong on a unicycle.

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
i was kidding about the "been there tried that" thing.

and SERIUOSLY, I am riding a full suspension bike right now doing urban jumps, It's just its not holding up, and I DONT want to go down to a hardtail, sorry.

·
Registered
167 Posts
oreo321321 said:
i was kidding about the "been there tried that" thing.

and SERIUOSLY, I am riding a full suspension bike right now doing urban jumps, It's just its not holding up, and I DONT want to go down to a hardtail, sorry.
I wouldn't consider converting from a Wal-mart FS bike to an Evil/Planet-X/Banshee hardtail 'going down' to a lesser bike.

·
Registered
181 Posts
what makes you think your going down to a hardtail if you go out and buy a astrix union or an imperial, those bikes are probly twice as good as your FS you've got now i thnk you've gotta realize that you could get some crappy freeride bike used over the internet that might have some cracks or defaults in it or you could buy a new hardtail dirt jumping, urban and light freeride bike.. its your chioce but in the end you are most likely going to end up with a broken FS bike because it was cracked and sh!ty. its your funeral i hope you have fun with it

ill say it again go buy a hardtail you'll thank us later when it doesnt break when you sit down on it

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
The bike isnt from walmart. its the "top line" mongoose series, the bike was $700 new. I got it for a lot less than that tho. It has pretty good components, shimano quick shift gears, alex rims, manitou fork, its accually pretty nice, just needs more travel.

The 2 thing im worried about on a hardtail is that you bottom out a lot on the front. that hurts.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
gee, good thing i never bought that top of the line Mongoose NX9.5 for 3500$...:rolleyes:

although this does explain why he thinks he can actually get a decent DH/FR rig for 1000$....

·
Registered
524 Posts
omg, No! I cant get hurt mountainbiking.....No! Not that!~` NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!111111111

·
Registered
181 Posts
ok you only listed one reason and thats easy to fix.. you nead to learn how to land right so your not putting all your weight on the fork and you nead to make that fork stiffer so you dont bottom out its as easy as that... you neda to check out this bike and maybe you will like it http://www.astrixsports.com/union.htm thats the link to the astrix and heres the link to the evil imperial http://www.evilbikes.com/imperial/imp.htm you could also look at the specialized p.2

41 - 60 of 65 Posts