Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What does everyone think about the 2002 Karpiel Disco Valante?

What does everyone think about the 2002 Karpiel Disco Valante?

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
oreo321321 said:
What does everyone think about the Karpiel Disco Valante?
dude, you keep on suggesting the most expenisive bikes you can get. the disco is a good bike, but krapile has gone out of business also the leverage ratios are crazy and its a shock killer(well thats what ive heard).

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
New frame+shock costs/costed over $2000 alone. Must be a pretty quality machine for $1000 complete, don't you think?

Dunno about the ratio thing....2.5" stroke, 7-9" travel, as long as you keep it in the lower travel settings, it should be okay, no? Or am I missing something? Yeah, nice looking machine, but I heard quality control really went down the shitter...but this is probably 5th-hand info, so it's probably pretty accurate :rolleyes:

·
Banned
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all i get at ride monkey when ever I post anything is,
"Do a search noob"
"Dude, your a noobie, go search, RIDEMONKEY"
"Hey everyone, there is a Newbie, start screening"

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
oreo321321 said:
all i get at ride monkey when ever I post anything is,
"Do a search noob"
"Dude, your a noobie, go search, RIDEMONKEY"
"Hey everyone, there is a Newbie, start screening"
thats because its been done to death and if you actually did do some research you would find everything you need to know. Thats why i sent you there, because there's a ton of info on the bike and background on the company in that forum.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
listen to zedro. this bike for taht price= beat to sh1t.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Thats called the Super8 and has 8" in the back.....unless Im just stupid.

·
n00b eternal
633 Posts
Dude where are you getting these bikes this cheap? Are they busted? Do you rip people off on ebay? I thought you only had a grand to spend? Does your dad work for the mob :D?

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ezweave said:
Dude where are you getting these bikes this cheap? Are they busted? Do you rip people off on ebay? I thought you only had a grand to spend? Does your dad work for the mob :D?
cus these bikes are disasters waiting to happen....

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
the karpiel was from pinkbike, look at the picture. hey oreo i think the karpiel is probably trashed. the super 8 looks cool. haven't heard much about those bikes though.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Just means the pic was posted on pinkbike doesnt necessarily mean its from there.... hell I post pics on pb from time to time :D

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
hey oreo are you sure this is a reliable guy cause 006 said it had a crack forming and he can't spell volante.

·
n00b eternal
633 Posts
A bit of friendly advice!

oreo, I think you are going to run out of friends, man. These are used and probably trashed. Every one keeps telling you to get a hard tail and get good. If you are just planning on quiting in a few years what is the point of riding at all? You might start DJing and free riding and find that you can't get enough. I can't think of anyone I know that just quit one day (they had reasons, usually money related). It's usually like some kind of drug.

Buying a used bike is not like buying a used car. And buying a used freeride or downhill bike may be one of the last mistakes you can make. If you ride it hard it will die. Damage occurs often where you can't see it. If you really plan on getting into it do yourself a favor and listen to what everyone has been saying... if your stem shatters and your picking your teeth out of your face.. well.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts