Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does DS stand for on the Giant Warps? The only things i could think of were dual slalom and dual suspension.(seems like both of those to me)

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Whatever the reason...

They're some of the coolest bikes out there. Giant even could offer a Warp above the DS1 by specing a Swinger Coil over and some Minute fork. Shouldn't it be sweet??? It could hit the stores at ~1200 considering they have the more complicated VT at a bit higher price range. I would gladly pay the 400 difference.

Magnificent frame for the money. Hard to beat. Look at the DS1 and it's on par or above of any bike at its price range. I could still upgrade suspension components (which is expensive and would make you choose the VT3 instead) but the frame I think can take more a beating than the VT.

What you think??

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Ds

Bigair101 said:
What does DS stand for on the Giant Warps? The only things i could think of were dual slalom and dual suspension.(seems like both of those to me)
I'd go with dual suspension.

·
Tater Like'um Bike Ridez!
112 Posts
Ds? Ds!!!

Bigair101 said:
I'm almost positive it stands for D*&# SMOOTH. I have it from a very reliable source...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dual Suspension.

The NRS used to be called the XTC DS(x) and NRS was just a sticker on a different part. But the DS is Dual Suspension and they started around the same time...

·
Tater Like'um Bike Ridez!
112 Posts
No way man...

No way, it definitely means D&#% Smooth. No doubt about it. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts