1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
Ripmo
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old wheels: DT X1800 (1850) + 2 slime tubes ( 310+310=620) = 2470 grams
New Azonic : Outlaw ( 2330)+ 2 rimstrips(120) + stans 4 scoops = ? grams

I think with lighter tires than my old 710g Nevegals I could get back to old wheel weight.

·
Ripmo
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wrong tool for the job

:eekster: I got tired of frying hubs riding in mud every winter so bought Outlaws and they are heavy. Outlaw set seems awesome so far. So thinking of going tubeless. I really feel the difference with 500g extra. It suprised me since went from 2400g to 1850 on my single speed Niner Sir9 and did NOT notice performance improvement losing 500g. Different style of riding. Momentum ( NINER s.s.) vs. Acceleration ability on 26 inch squish bike.

·
Ripmo
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sell brand new wheels, or

Outlaw wheels 2330
2 rim strips 120
stans x 4 scoops 160
2 tires x 500g 1000

total 3610 grams

My old DT wheels/tires/tubes were approx 3970 and I was plenty fast. I have never gone tubeless sinc I ride alot of cliffsides where you fall 100 ft if you blow front bead. It is kinda creepy to me. On paper this looks doable.

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
mtnbiker72 said:
I think the word "about" covers a couple ounces:rolleyes:
If that's the case, then you're saying an ounce of sealant weighs anywhere from about 28.34g to 85g.:D :D

Not to worry, I know what you meant - grams, not ounces.:thumbsup:

For the OP: the recommended starting amount is 2 scoops in each tire (2 ounces which is 56.69g per tire or 113.39g for the four ounces). Some use more, some use less depending on if the tire has been converted before, if it is a larger volume tire or narrower volume, if it's a 26" or a 29", etc... . Of course, using a rim designed to be run tubeless without having to use a rimstrip is ideal in terms of weight savings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.